Ch 8

It was real. Her husband, Enzo had finally come to rescue them. Kate couldn't hold back herself anymore. Putting her full weight onto Enzo,she hold onto him and sobbed hard. In the last couple of hours she had been through hell. She was crying for her baby, for herself. She cried out until there's no tear to fell. Suddenly she felt her eyelids being heavy once again, and she couldn't be able to stay awake. Her legs gave out and before she could collapsed on the floor, Enzo caught her.

Cazzo! In a moment Enzo felt his wife's body went limp. Cursing and shouting he gave order to bring the family doctor right away, while taking Kate up by bridal style and went to his old room. Soon after the doctor came, letting them know that she would be within few hours as he injected her the fluids. She collapsed because of hunger, dehydration, exhaustion and most importantly the distress she had been going through for the past few hours. Also the doctor dressed up her neck wound and prescribed some antibiotics.

Enzo felt guilty putting her into this situation. He still hadn't decided how he would tell her about his father and her newly found a big family-in-laws. He kissed her neck, her chin and then forehead. He whispered an apology to her, even though she couldn't hear him. Giving her a soft kiss on the lips, he went out of the room. He assigned a maid to her sleeping wife and ordered her to inform him instantly when his wife woke up.

*****

Enzo could see his son was already relaxing in his new environment. His cousin Leona had looked after him quite well. Now they all were gathered in the Rossi mansion to welcome his return. But he still couldn't figure out why the sudden change of heart. Everyone had happily welcomed his except Francesca and Fico. He could see they were trying their best to keep them calm. Also Fico's wife Stella was missing. In fact he hadn't see her since he returned.

His uncles, aunts and cousins all were mesmerised by Santo's cheerfulness. Seeing his son like this, it crushed his heart. He had been missed out so much in his fifteen months. Enzo's childhood friend Raul had also came. All of them behaving like the five years separation never happened. He wanted talked to his father regarding this but his father decided them to talk after the gathering. Then he remembered his mother! Cazzo! He forgot to call her. After then he called his mother and told the present condition. Nicola suggested him to inform Kate throughly about his past and what he had been hiding from her. Enzo was at loss what he should do!

Suddenly a man came running which Enzo didn't recognise, maybe his father's new recruitment. Actually he came to inform that her wife was awake. Standing up to his feel he then tried to get Santo but his aunt suggested that they should talk first alone. And they volunteered to look after Santo. After giving it a thought, he too was convinced that he should talk with Kate first. To give her the details that changed in the past hour while she was sleeping.

Getting closer to the room, Enzo could hear Kate was shouting. Telling the maid to move out of her way so she could pass. But trembling, the maid tried her best to stop her leaving. Dismissing the maid, Enzo locked the door behind him and got closer to his wife. Kate was about to say something when Enzo stopped her putting his lips on hers and pulled her closer. He needed to feel her, taste her, and most importantly ensuring himself that his wife was safe and sound. After a heated passionate kiss they pulled apart. Putting her head on his shoulder and arms around his waist she breathed in him. She wasn't crying but she felt this numbness inside her.

"I was so scared, Kate. When I couldn't find you both in the house, it terrified me. I thought I lost you both."

Kate didn't say anything. She was grateful that finally Enzo was with them and they could escape this hell. Then she faced Enzo and pecked his lips.

"I was petrified Enzo, they even separated me from Santo. That moment Enzo! I can't express how empty I felt inside."

Taking a few strained of her hair in his hand, he tucked them behind her ear and cupped her face.

"Santo is safe, Cara. He wasn't even crying when I checked up on him."

"Come on then. Let's take Santo and get the hell out of here. This place is suffocating me. All these crazy people kept talking rubbish and. God knows what else!"

Taking Enzo's arm, she went for the door then Enzo stopped her.

"Cara, wait. Let's talk first"

"We can talk when reach home. Now walk"

This time Enzo was taking her by shoulder to face him and said,

"We have to talk. Now!"

Crossing her arms around her chest, looking straight into his eyes, she said,

"Fine. Talk"

Enzo knew he had to explain all these to her. But he didn't know how to start. From where should he start.

"Errm... First I want you to sta- "

"Wait" suddenly Kate burst out saying and continued,

"Santo! Where is he? Why didn't you bring him with you?"

" Kate, trust me he is safe."

" The fuck he is!! How could he be fine with the ones abducted him. Don't you see? They are just bunch of crazy people who mistook you for someone name 'Lorenzo' and created the whole mess! And you are telling me that MY SON is safe with them?"

Letting a frustrated sigh, he took a long breath,

"Mia Cara! They are not some crazy people. They are Santo's relatives. And they won- "

"What the fuck are you saying Enzo? How can they be his relatives? His only relative is Nicola, his grandmother. And my foster parents."

Taking both of her hands in him, he started,

"Cara, this is my family. Anthony Rossi is my father and this is the Rossi mansion where all my relatives live. Also My mother and I had lived until five years ago"

Kate stared at him then gently tapping him on the cheeks she said, " babe, Are you on drugs? Because what you are saying, doesn't making a sense to me."

"I m Lorenzo Rossi. So this is me 'Lorenzo' they had been talking about for the past few hours."

Then she gasped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Not edited)