Ch 30

Nicola was thrilled when Enzo told her about the baby. She might be the only one who truly showed the genuine happiness at the happy news. She thanked Kate for giving her another grandbaby to spoil with her affection. But Kate still didn't show any happiness. Almost unanticipatedly Kate took Santo in her arms and took a few steps towards the kitchen, then Enzo stopped her. Taking Santo from her, he handed the child to his mother and asked her to stay inside with Santo.

"You need to stop carrying Santo so suddenly. He has gotten heavier than before."

Frowning at her husband's comment, Kate replied,

"Like hell I will, I can carry my son whenever the fuck I want. I don't need your permission to do so."

Grabbing her by shoulder he pulled her closer,

"Watch your tone, Kate. I still hadn't forgotten what you did to me." Enzo then paused and took a long breath, then continued,

"Just think yourself lucky that you are carrying my child in your womb otherwise-"

"Otherwise what You bastard!", saying that Kate was about to slap him, but Enzo caught her hand in the mid way.

"Behave yourself or I won't be merciful as Im right now." Throwing her hand aside, then Enzo continued,

"Two weeks"

Kate looked at Enzo confusingly.

"Two weeks you will live your life here as you please, but the very next day you will return in Naples with Santo."

Kate was about to protest but Enzo stopped her,

"Don't even try to argue with me. You won't like the consequences"

With that Enzo backed away but he didn't even reached two steps then Kate burst,

"Im not afraid of your threats. You hear me! I'm a free willed person-"

"Do as you are told, Kate. And remember this, if you pulled another stunt like, disappearing with my son again, then next time I won't spare you just because you are carrying my child"

That promising voice of her husband, kept her mouth close. Then walked past Enzo and went to her room.

*******

The next two weeks went in a bliss for Kate. With her mother-in-law handling Santo and Enzo wasn't around the house, she fully focused on her health and tried to forget about her turmoil life. But she was very nauseous and kept throwing up in the last week, making her a little bit sick than usual.

Enzo had called her several times but Kate didn't answer. So he had to call his mother for the updates. Nicola was getting anxious seeing her son and daughter-in-law being this distant to each other.

Nicole saw Kate barely touched her meal, then she said,

"Kate, I was thinking to going with you, in Naples."

Kate's eyes widened at her mother-in-law's decision.

"Mother, are you serious? I mean, after what happened to you in that house! You are thinking to go back there?"

"I won't be living in that house but I'll stay close", Nicola assured her.

Kate was worried about what was going to happed next, but she didn't want Nicola to suffer for her. She then rose up to her feet and went to Nicola's side. Taking her hands in her, she said,

"I can't thank you enough what you did for me for the past few weeks. But I don't want to push yourself more because of my sufferings"

"Kate, I m doing this for my own sake. I want to stay close to my grandbabies in this old age. After all they are all I have that I treasure"

Hearing her words, Kate broke down and hugging Nicola, she thanked her for the support.

After getting ready and packing up her necessary things, they went to the airport. Enzo had caller his mother earlier that he would wait for them in Naples.

*****

The flight journey was quite smooth. They didn't have any trouble as they were escorted by a team of securities with them. And as promised Enzo waited for them at the entrance.

Enzo felt a tight knot in his stomach, seeing his wife and son after so long. He had missed them so damn much. Also grateful to his mother, who had decided to come along with them. Then his gaze went to Kate, she was wearing a loose fit knee dress with a over coat. No one could tell that she was carrying a child inside her belly. But looking down at her feet, his teeth clenched together.

That damn woman!

Kate was wearing a 3 inch heels, which might be dangerous for her if she lost balance. Enzo couldn't hold himself back anymore, as he walked forward towards them.

Santo wiggled in his grandmother's arm, when he saw his father. The moment Nicola put him off his feet, he ran towards Enzo.

"Papa" saying that he put his hands up and gesture Enzo to take him in the arms.

Enzo gladly obeyed and showered him with kisses. Then he greeted his mother with a smooch on her cheeks and after that he turned to Kate. It was hard for him to understand Kate at that moment. So he just nodded at her.Giving Santo back to Nicola, Enzo guided them to the entrance.

Kate didn't say anything and quietly followed her husband. When she stood at the entrance, she gasped. At the same time, Enzo started cursing.

Paparazzis!!

The crowd started screaming the moment they spotted the Rossi. First Nicola went with Santo, following the bodyguards direction to the car. Then Enzo pulled Kate by taking her waist and whispered,

"Keep calm. And don't react to their questions. Just follow my lead"

Kate was too surprised to say anything , so she just nodded.

Walking through the crowd was a mess. The reporters were throwing questions at them continuously. Some were in Italian and to her surprise, some were in English. She tried her best to ignore them and hold Enzo closer. Then a blunt question from the crowd took her off guard,

' Mrs. Rossi, What are your thoughts on the new love interest of your husband's?

'Are you on good terms with Isabella Franchetti ?"

"Is that the reason you were away from Italy?"

Enzo silently cursed at those candid questions. He could feel Kate was getting tensed under his embrace. With much difficulties, they finally reached the car. Opening the door for Kate, he helped her to get inside. After that he went to the passenger seat to get the hell out the scene.

Not sooner the engine started, Kate opened her damn mouth,

"Who the hell is this Isabella Franchetti?"

*********

(Not edited)