Ch 31

There hadn't even an hour passed since Kate landed in Naples, already she started hating being here. She was still hoping some answers from her husband who just kept quiet. Then placing her hands on Santo's ear, she asked again, "Who is this Bitch, Enzo?"

Shocked flew through Enzo's mind as he instantly looked back and roared,

"Katherine! Watch your language around Santo"

"Well He can't hear now" then Kate looked at Nicola who was laughing softly and said, "Sorry, mother" then again looked back at Enzo and said, "Now tell me!"

Shaking his head in disbelief, he gave up and replied, " No one important, just an associate's daughter and an old friend"

Kate rose her eyebrows at him and said, "An old friend you say?"

"Don't push this farther, Kate", Enzo firmly replied and Kate stopped talking.

After an hour or so they reached the Rossi mansion. They had dropped Nicola in her new house on the way and Kate felt all alone again. Enzo got out of his seat and opened the door for Kate, who was busy getting Santo off his baby seat. Seeing her struggling with the belt, Enzo offered, "Get off, I'll take care of it"

Kate nodded her head and was about to get out of the car then she lost her balance for a second, causing Enzo to hold her timely,

"Damn those heels, Kate. Why are you wearing that at this moment? You know the risks!"

Clutching Enzo's coat tightly she regained her balance and said, " Hey! Blame your land for being uneven on this side, not my heels"

God! That woman was unbelievable!

Cursing Enzo let her go and went to Santo's side. Almost immediately, Kate's favourite two women came running towards them and hugged Kate warmly.

"We missed you so much, Kate", Leona started.

"I missed you both too"

After the welcoming session they all headed inside. And Enzo mentally cursed as he had a long day ahead of him.

After putting Santo to bed, Kate went by the window and enjoyed the chilly night. The view from her bedroom was so soothing. Last time when she was staying here, she didn't even notice such things. Her long brunette hair was slightly moving with wind, making her shiver a little. Then she felt a pair of hands sneaking from behind and then was resting on her stomach, where a life was growing inside. She inhaled Enzo's manly scent. He didn't have to speak a word to announce his presence. After their 2 years of marriage, Kate could easily identify him even in pitch dark.

Enzo was caressing her belly through her night clothes and his face was buried in her neck and whispered, "Aren't you cold, Cara?"

Kate missed his touch and his presence. At that moment she felt such raw desire to have her husband, even though she was still mad at him.

Damn those hormones!

Kate closed her eyes and breathed deeply then said, "Why are you this close to me? Did I say you can touch me?"

Even though Kate was dying inside to feel her husband more. But obviously she couldn't say that out loud.

Enzo didn't reply anything. Instead he turned her around and took her to his embrace.

"Have you been well? Everything okay with the baby?", Enzo asked while stroking her hair gently.

Kate wanted to snap at him but his gentle behaviour had melted her heart away. Gripping his shirt tighter in her fist, she buried her face in his chest.

"Fine."

Enzo then took a fistful hair in his hand gently, making Kate to face him. He leaned down and kissed her lips softly.

"You need to stop wearing those heels, Cara. And another thing". Taking her face in his both hands , Enzo continued, "don't mention to anyone about your pregnancy."

Kate then finally backed away from him and instantly her mood soured, "What do you mean I can't tell? I'm won't be able to hide my bump in few weeks! What the hell are you suggesting?!"

"Kate calm down, They will know eventually. It's just that we don't have to announce beforehanded"

Kate then broke free from his embrace and said, "You don't want this child, y-you don't wa-"

Enzo was both shocked and hurt at her sudden accusation, then he grabbed her by shoulder and said,  "Fuck no, Kate! I do want this baby, it's just now the danger is severe than before and I don't want you or the baby to be targeted"

Kate then tried to broke free again but Enzo held her close, "Don't ever think like that, ever!"

Tears were running down to Kate's cheek uncontrollably. Enzo cursed and then wiped those tears away.

Kate wanted to forget everything and enjoy her pregnancy. But no matter what she would the effects of her husband's past identity kept hunting her down. She looked up to her husband and saw the same man she married two years. Placing her hands on his face, she said, "Make love to me"

Enzo's eyes widened at Kate's sudden desire, he had been holding himself back since he saw her in the airport. But he didn't want to put her in any awkward situation, rather he asked, "Are you sure?"

Kate frowned at his unnecessary questions. Didn't he notice how badly she wanted him that moment! Well, She might regret doing this in the morning, but hell! She couldn't control herself, she locked her hands around his neck and pulled him closer.

"Yes. Now shut up and kiss me"

"With pleasure", saying that Enzo pulled her up, making Kate to wrap her legs around his waist. And they both melted away in each other's embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Not edited )