Ch 12

Hearing Kate, talking about divorce, it made Enzo's mind boiled with anger.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

"You heard me, Enzo. Don't make this harder on me as already it is"

"Divorce is not an option and you know that too. How can you do this our son, Kate? He is barely even two. Merda!"

"You have no right to judge me. You are the one who deceived me, used me and now threatening me, forcing me to take this step. For Santo's sake, I won't stop you from seeing him. But we will not stay here. Once we are- "

"I dare you to try this, woman! Do that and I promise you, you will see the worst of me", Enzo shoved her back before gripping her shoulder tightly.

"Y-you are not the man I married. You are not the man I fell in love with. You also are not the man who supported me while giving birth to Santo. W-who are you?"

"I m still the same man, Cara. I can be the same man to you. Just don't test me on this. My decision is firm and final. And I m giving you option, take it or leave it, your call"

Being infuriated with the man before him, she slapped him hard,

"That's not an option, fucking you Godddamn bastard!"

Then she lunged at him, started to beat him on his chest, shoulder, face. She was furious with his words. She kept thrashing her hands on him, but he didn't try to stop her. He just stood and took the beatings. He deserved that. It was his fault to disrupt her life upside down all on a sudden. Kate was the most innocent one in his sinned life with whom he shouldn't have meddled with. But he was a bastard for his own good that he couldn't stay away from her. He felt guilty but not regretful. Because she gifted him the most beautiful thing he could ask for in his entire life. His son. And he had to make it right for him.

Enzo suddenly took Kate's both wrists in his, and pulled her to his embrace. Wrapping his arms around her shoulder, he kept her close, fingers running through her silky hair, soothing her. But Kate kept struggling to break free and cursing at the same time, but his grip was too tight. Eventually she gave in, and sobbed harder burying face in his chest.

*******

Kate was so focused on crying that she didn't even knew when she fell asleep.Therefore, we she opened her eyes, she was on bed with a duvet draped over her body. She jolted back to sit up and saw she was all alone in the room. Then looked outside of the window, it was dark outside. Fuck! How long had she been sleeping! She got out of the bed and went to take a quick shower. After drying herself, she stepped out of the room, searching for his son.

Kate was getting confused with so much rooms around her. Then finally she heard a baby giggling. She followed the voice and saw her baby. Santo was playing with a child who looked younger than him, Santo was walking while the young child followed him crawling. Then her gaze fell into Leona and two other woman. To Leona's left, the woman looked not more than 40, while the other one looked sightly older than Kate. There was also a man whose face she could see because his back was faced to her.

When Leona discovered Kate staring at them, she invited her to join them. Other 3 pairs of eyes focused on her with a warm smile in their face. But Kate didn't move. Suddenly Santo came walking/running towards Kate and putting his hands up, he gestured her to hold him up. Taking Santo on her hip, she checked him throughly. She was engrossed in Santo that she didn't even notice when Enzo came beside her , hands on her waist.

Flinching at his touch, she made a space between them. Enzo was hurt by this gesture but said nothing. When the other females were telling her to join them, she shook her head and said,

"I want to go back to my room"

Clearly she was not ready to meet his family yet. Enzo's relative understood that much. So they didn't push her further.

Getting back to her room, she hold Santo closer. Her son had buried his head in her neck while clinging to her tightly. She missed her son so much. For these incidents, she didn't get to spend enough time with her son. Soon after Santo fell asleep.

Enzo came closer to Kate and took Santo from her to place him onto the bed.

"I'll send someone to bring your dinner here. You already missed your lunch. Skipping your meal like this, will only make you fall sick."

Kate just nodded her head. She wanted to wake up from this nightmare. She was in deep thought taking long breaths to steady herself . Even if she didn't want to believe but this was her life now. A husband who deceived her with his hidden identity, A newly found In-laws, A crazy father-in-law who tried to hurt her, suddenly her hand went to caress her neck. The cut had already healed. And she had no one with whom she could share her sorrows.

She couldn't live like this anymore. She had to get past to this, otherwise she would be in deep depression. She wanted her old life back. Where she, Enzo and her son were a happy cozy family.

Her childhood was the worst period of her life which she didn't want to remember. Living with the foster families and while building her life to make it bearable, she wasted her childhood. So she wanted to give her son the best all she could muster. She wouldn't throw her life away she build with such hardships, just for her husband.

Now she just had to fight her with fate all over again and in the process she had to build a happy content life for her and also this time, especially for her son. To do that she had to trust her husband once again and she would give him another chance to prove his worth in their lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Not edited)