Ch 14

Enzo felt content seeing his beautiful wife sleeping so closer to his body. His left arm was beneath her head and other on her back. Kate snuggled deep in his chest while wrapping her hands on his back. Enzo could feel her wife's breath through his shirt. He softly kissed her head, allowing no space left between them. Then he opened his to see his son was wide awake and looking at his parents. Santo missed seeing his parents together like this. To join them, he got closer but slipped, Enzo couldn't help but laughing at his son's cute fall. Then when Santo was about to get up, he took a handful hair of his mother in his small fist and pulled hard.

Kate jerked at the sudden pain that shot through back of her head, only caused her to whimper. Enzo was horrified at the sudden attack of his son, seeing that caused his wife's whimpering, he yelled at his son,

"Santino! Don't pull your mother's hair"

Then Enzo regretted immediately, he thought his son might get scared of his sudden yelling, but Santo was giggling at his father as if mocking him. But Enzo's yelling sure woke Kate up.

Kate was confused at the sudden yelling and all, so when she opened her eyes, she felt slightly embarrassed that she was snuggled against her husband's chest. She was about to leave his embrace when Enzo pulled back against him, saying,

"Santo is just beside you. You might hurt him"

Santo then jumped on his mother's body, showing his happiness. Enzo missed seeing his this cheerful. Kate was happy that her son helped her escaping the awkward moment. Then they both got up and got busy with their respective chores.

**********

Several days had past, Enzo and Kate had fallen into a routine, but Kate insisted Enzo that he should sleep in other room. She might be staying in the house but she didn't forget nor had forgiven him yet. She needed to be alone to compose herself first. Of course Enzo was not happy with this arrangements but he had to give her some space.

Enzo had already started to handle his father's business and most of their acquaintances had already then heard about his return to Naples. They tried to reach him and wanted to know about the current situation. Anthony thought it was high time, they should arrange an event to let the people know, his successor had returned home. He also patiently waited as his son suggestion of postponing the event but he couldn't wait any longer. So they both agreed to arrange the party 2 days later.

Enzo was anxious informing Kate about the upcoming event. She was completely new to this kind of environment. Enzo cursed! He had to take better arrangements for the protection of Kate and Santo. After 2 days, they would be exposed to the world as his most weak point. But his enemies better should know not to touch his family or they would meet the cruelest death.

Kate was giving Santo a bath when Enzo entered the room. He never got bored seeing his family's daily routine. Whenever he saw Kate with their adorable son, his heart would swelled with pure desire.

"Kate, I have to talk about something"

Facing her husband gaze she replied,

"Then talk"

"We are hosting an event in 2 days time. So if want you can go with Leona and buy yourself clothes and whatever you need. Or simply I could ask Leona to buy a dress for you. Now your call"