Ch 22

The following morning Kate went out shopping again with Gianna, as they were staying longer in Naples than she thought. She also bought her pills and a box of condoms, so that she would be safe from getting pregnant. When they returned home, Kate was hell tired. But she was sitting in the hall with others as the babies were playing by themselves.

Around 9, Enzo and Leo were back home and seeing their children playing together, they decided to join them. When Santo was quietly playing with his toy car, Maria then tried to snatch that from him. In the process, Santo lost the toy to her and started crying, while the parents laughed hysterically. Gianna then started to scold her daughter,

"Maria Dannelle Rossi! Hand over the car to Santo right now!"

Kate then tried to calm down Gianna saying that Maria wasn't old enough to understand that. Then she said,

"Maria's name sound so cute."

"You think so? What about Santo's?"

Smiling at her baby and then looking at Enzo, Kate replied, "Santino Enzo Venezio"

"Venezio? Why not Rossi?"

Kate's smile instantly fell at Gianna's question and Enzo was shocked as well. But they didn't say any words. Gianna then noticed the tension between them and then started to talking about something else to divert their minds.

******

Enzo was wide awake and he looked at Kate who was sleeping at the edge of the bed, far away from him. Kate was furious with Enzo, and she had enough valid reasons for that. So Enzo couldn't say anything back, he just listened to her while she bursted her heart out and sobbing later in his arms. He knew what he did to Kate was really wrong, but he didn't want to lose her either. Amidst of all the sudden pressure, he had totally forgotten about changing Santo's surname.

Damn! He had to do another thing which Kate would most definitely protest.

But Enzo had to persuade Kate at any cost.

*****

It had been 2 days since Kate stopped talking to Enzo. All the raw emotions she held back for the last few weeks, finally started to wear on her. She tried her best to convince herself that all would get better as the time passed. But no! New things, new problems were arising which she wasn't prepared for. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice when Stella came and sat beside her. After a light shook on Kate's shoulder, she snapped back to reality and saw Stella was staring at her,

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah. Just lost in thoughts"

"You know , if you want to keep your that husband of yours, then you need a lot more than just thinking"

Kate's mood got even worse listening to Stella's nonsense.

"You should worry about yours. Leave me the hell alone" Kate couldn't help but snapping at her.

"I was just helping you honey. Since I am the most experience one here" then Stella got closer to Kate and whispered, "even with your husband"

Kate's eye widened at her words and she felt a light ping in her heart.

Right! Another whore of her husband's.

Kate felt disgusted seeing Stella smirking. So she stood up and left the place, while listening Stella laughing back at her. She was just about to enter her room, then she saw the door was opened from behind revealing her husband standing opposite of her.

"Get the hell out of the room. I m not in the mood"

Kate was about to brushed past Enzo, then he caught her hand and turned her around to face him.

"I need to talk something important and no it can't wait.

Kate was tired from all of these,

"Please, Enzo. Not now"

Enzo then let go of her hand and placed both of his hands face as if trying to observe her,

"Are you okay?"

Kate closed her eyes and tried to stop herself from crying,

"Physically yes"

Enzo frowned at her reply but didn't push it further.

"Alright then, just listen to me okay?"

"Enz- "

"We are getting married tomorrow"

And that snapped her mouth shut completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Not edited)