Ch 23

If Kate was mad at Enzo before, then right at that moment she was raging with fury. What the fucking was wrong with him? Had he gone insane?

"What do you mean by that? Have you forgotten that we are already married?, then Kate raised her left hand and pointed her diamond ring along with her wedding band.

Enzo took her hands in his and said,

"Yes we are. We will just review our vows and get a wedding license here, in Naples"

Then it hit her. And she pushed her hands away from him and said,

"You mean marry Lorenzo Rossi ?"

Enzo just looked her in the eyes and said nothing in return.

"What if I say no? What then, Enzo?"

"Don't make this difficult for me, Cara!"

"Difficult for you? You bastard! Do you have any fucking idea how hard all these are for me ? Huh! Do you?

"Kat- "

"No don't. You have no fucking idea. I m this much close to fucking kill you for doing these to me. Why Enzo why? What the fuck have I ever done to you? Do me a favour and leave me alone!" , Kate shouted at her on the top of her lungs then started sobbing uncontrollably.

Enzo was going to soothe her but Kate put his hands away. And pushing him out of the room she locked the door from inside. Enzo wanted to break the damn door down but he held himself from doing so. He banged on the door once,  then walked away.

*******

Kate didn't sleep the whole night. She just had enough. She couldn't go like that any longer. She needed to escape from there. But what else she could do. She was then in a whole new different country, far away from her home. Even if she wanted to escape, where would she go. She didn't even have passports with her. Fuck!

Then she heard a knock on the door and that snapped her back to reality. She didn't want to see anyone. So she just maintained her position on the floor. All on a sudden the door burst opened and Kate saw Enzo standing at the door with agony in his face.

Coming closer to Kate, he held her by the arms and pulled her up,

"Get ready Kate, we have things to do!"

Smiling weakly, Kate replied, "Like getting married?"

"Yes.", Enzo held her gaze and tried to read her.

"If I marry you today, Will you give me something in return?"

"Bargaining again, Cara?"

"Answer me"

"Alright. Tell me what do you want?"

Kate smiled inwardly and looked straight at his eyes, and said,

"Remember you said you'd send me back to Chicago?"

Enzo froze at her words, "Yes"

"I want to go back, Tomorrow"

Enzo should have seen this coming. Fuck!

"Kate we've talked- "

"No. Tomorrow. I've had enough with you, ordering me around and getting things done as you pleased. Now you will send me back to Chicago for a week that you promised or I won't step out this room. So choose wisely"

After thinking for some moments, Enzo finally agreed with her terms. Then Enzo left Kate alone in the room with her own misery.

******

Kate was staring her hand, looking the eternal diamond wedding band that was placed along with her other two rings. She got married to her husband, again.

Katherine Ardelle Rossi

Her new identity. Their marriage was a small event. And Kate was glad that there wasn't much crowd as the one which she witnessed before. That was more like a reception party. Gianna came and sat beside her, handing Kate a glass of water.

"Are you okay, Kate?"

Kate just nodded her head. She was wearing a simple white wedding dress. Nothing extravagant. She wore a light makeup as she was in no mood of enjoying the night. But her son looked beyond happy. Seeing her son's smile, she somewhat felt happy inside.

Then suddenly Enzo came right in front of her, blocking her view to  see her son. She looked up and met Enzo's gaze, he took out his hand forward,

"Let's dance"

"I don't want to" saying that she crossed her hands over her chest.

Enzo knew she would say something like that, so he took her hand by force and dragged her towards the dance floor. Before Kate could protest, Enzo pulled her towards him and she collided with his body.

"Don't do anything stupid, Kate"

Kate gritted her teeth together and said nothing.

Losing her tight grip on her, Enzo started to dance with a slow pace. Kate followed his lead but her head down. She beyond tired, all she wanted to do was, getting on a bed and sleep.

After the dance she went back to sit again in a corner and suddenly Santo came running towards her. Getting him up to her lap, Santo snuggled closer and dozed off.  Kate too closed her eyes for a moment , then when she opened her eyes again, gasped came through her mouth.

Fico was standing in front of Kate, looking at her with a weird expression. She tensed at his gaze. She looked around and saw Enzo was a little far away from her, but if she shouted his name, he would hear her clearly.

"Congratulations on your wedding"

"Thanks"

Fico then said something which Kate didn't hear because she was constantly looking at Enzo as if telepathically informing him to rescue her from this psycho. But Enzo was busy and in deep conversation with some men, she didn't recognise.

Just then Gianna came and sat beside her. Kate mentally thanked Gianna for helping her to chase Fico away.

The ceremony was finally over and after  putting Santo on his bed, Kate kissed his forehead and Said, "Soon mommy will get us out of here baby" and went straight to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Not edited )