1

I'm sitting in class as I wait for the new teacher to arrive to cover for Mrs. Channing. Mrs. Channing is due to give birth in a month or so. She is having a little boy, and I cannot wait till she comes back. Before she left for maternity leave, she promised the class that we are going to meet the little pumpkin.

In the meantime, I spent my time waiting for the new teacher by daydreaming of the dream I had last night. I could not get it out of my head. I have been having these same dreams of my six-grade elementary teacher ever since I graduated from elementary, but they have been appearing more often for the past couple of months, and now I know why.

My former teacher from elementary walks in. It didn't take a second guess to see if it was him or not. I could never forget his face and his looks haven't changed one bit. He is wearing khaki pants and a red plaid button-up shirt with a white t-shirt underneath. I lower my head, covering myself with a biology book. I chose the wrong seat to sit at.

Mrs. Channing had us pick our seats at the beginning of the year. I chose to sit by the teacher's desk because she and I are close, and I was her favorite. Mrs. Channing is also friends with my mom, so we are like family towards each other.

I see Mr. Till pass me. He turns around and comes up to me, peaking over the book. "Glad to see you like biology Bella."

He thinks I'm reading the god damn book. I awkwardly sit up. "Ha...ha yeah me too... Go biology!" I say, smiling, help me.

I was never good at science. Mrs. Channing would always come over and tutor me. I have become better since, so I'm glad that I'm approving. Back in sixth grade, Mr. Till was the science teacher and my homeroom teacher, and I would always get a D or C on a test and possibly a B if I was lucky. All the other classes I did well in.

"Hey, wake up."

I hear a soft voice in my ear. I open my eyes to almost falling out of my stool.

"Chill, it's just me." He says, grabbing my arm and catching me.

I rub my druel off my mouth. "Sorry, Mr. Till. It won't happen again..." I look around. "Where is everyone?"

"School ended minutes ago."

"And no one woke me up?"

"I just came back from the science lounge. I left with everyone that walked out."

I look at the clock. "Shit my bus!" I say, grabbing my open bag. "Oh my gosh... I didn't mean to swear. I'm sorry."

"You're all good! Go catch your bus!"

"Thanks!" I say, rushing out and running to the closest exit to the bus lane.

I made it just in time. The bus was ready to turn onto the main road. I plopped my sweaty self down next to a girl. I wipe the sweat off of my head. Gosh, I feel so embarrassed. My old teacher saw me sleeping on the first day he came in. Though, I have done it before in his class a few times. And It's also not new to my classmates. People know me as the girl that always falls asleep in science. Science doesn't excite me. I literally have no interest in it. I don't understand the cell and DNA crap. Like what the hell is tRNA. I mean, people can't blame me for dozing off. It is the last period of the day.

Anyway I made it home. I went up to my room and dropped my bag at the door, and hopped in the shower. My parents are at work, so I have the whole house to myself. I'm considering watching tv or getting into the junk food. My mom is strict on me. She only gives me three hours of screen time, and I hardly get any junk food. For my dad, he is strict but my mom is stricter.

I hop out the shower, and I put on a tank top and sweats. I blow-dried my hair and fixed it into a messy bun. I walk downstairs into the kitchen to get in my mom's craving stash. I took a little of everything. MnM's, small donuts bites from the Tim Hortons box, chips, and chocolate-covered pretzels. I made sure she wouldn't know that I touch it. I took a bite of the messy glazed donut when the doorbell ranged.