25

In 12 hours is a new year. I wanted Dalton to come over with his dad, but they are away. I will be up in my room until the ball on the tv drops. My mom is a social butterfly and enjoys her social events, so she is inviting her friends over. They will be drinking, so I don't see the point of me being downstairs with them. My dad is bringing his close pals over. He has that group of people that always hang and drink.

E: "Yo it's Eli from the Halloween party."

B: "Oh hey what's up?"

E: "I'm hosting a new years party and I wanted to see if you would like to come."

B: "Sure, why not. I'm not doing anything special. Is Emily coming to?"

E: "No, she isn't. I talked to her earlier, and she isn't feeling well."

B: "Gotcha. Can you pick me up? I don't feel like driving tonight. "

E: "Of course. Looks like you don't want to drive because tonight you will turn into a party animal with me ;)"

B: "Not quite... lol."

E: "You will be drinking, right?"

B: "Not sure."

E: "Please drink with me. We will sit on the roof of my house and just talk."

B: "Hmm... maybe."

E: "Alright, c u @10 and send me your address again."

I get up from my bed to go downstairs where my parents are. I forgot to ask if I can even go to Eli's party. I hope she says yes, so I don't have to tell Eli I can't.

"Hey, mom, I need to talk to you."

"What's on your mind, Hunny."

"Can I go to a friend's party?"

"Which friend?" She questions.

"Uh... One of Emily's friends."

"Is Emily going to be there?"

"Her friend told me that she isn't feeling well, so I don't think so."

"Is there going to be alcohol?" My dad walks in with an empty bowl.

"Uh... I don't know?"

"I don't want you to go if there is going to be liquor."

"If there is, I won't drink it. I don't like booze anyway." I say with an innocent face knowing that might be a lie.

"Frank, I don't see why she can't. I trust her to be a young responsible adult."

"You call me if there is any trouble." My dad says, setting his bowl in the dishwasher.

"I will, dad."

"What time does it start?" My mom askes me.

"10"

"Okay, do you need me to drive you, or are you driving yourself?" My mom says.

"He will pick me up."

"Oh, it's a he now." My dad says interrupting the conversation.

"Dad! It's not what you are thinking."

"Glad to see where your mind is set." He says, crossing his arms.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

He smirks. "I can't wait to meet him."

"You really don't have to."

"I need to know who my daughter is hanging out with. I don't want him to hurt my little princess." He says.