21

"Say cheese!" My mom calls, holding her camera.

I laugh. "Last one. We really gotta get going."

Dalton stands behinds me and places its hands on my waist. It brings me back to when Lucas would always do that.

"Okay, let's go," I say, walking to my car. I get in and closed the door. I roll down my window. "Bye, mom! Love you!" I say, driving off.

Dalton and I are all pampered up. We went to the hair salon yesterday. I got light brown highlights to go with my brunette hair, and Dalton got a small perm. I love his black hair Korean hair. I sprayed on my favorite perfume champagne rose. Dalton likes it. He complimented me on it. The cologne I bought for Dalton is on him now, and it smells so good. I wonder if Lucas will be dressed up. Lucas told me that he is chaperoning, and I can't wait to see him.

We arrive at the packed school. I parked out in the street by a house, so it's easier to get out at night. We join the long line of our peers. We have our IDs and tickets ready. We walk past the black and silver metallic stringy star curtains. The inside is so lovely. The school did a great job. It's into the stars theme. There are silver, gold, and black balloons everywhere along with silver and black shooting star danglers above us. There is also a star stand frame that is made of silver balloons. My favorite is the to the moon and back photo booth background. And oh my gosh, my school actually has a snack table with punch. I thought that they only did that in movies.

"What should we do now? Dance?" Dalton questions.

"I don't dance."

"You are going to dance tonight, whether you want too or not."

"Goodluck with that."

"I'm going to go get a cup of punch. Shall I get you a cup?"

I smile. "Sure. I will wait over here."

I'm waiting by a wall. My phone makes a loud notification from my purse. I forgot to turn my phone to silent. I like having my phone silent in public. It puts less stress on me. It's a social anxiety thing. The notification is from Lucas.

L: "You look ravishing tonight."

I look up from my phone and looked around. I spotted him by the bleachers. I smile.

B: "Thank you, handsome. Oh, and Dalton is just here as a friend and this is a great way to have people think we're dating. It will get whoever off our backs."

L: "No need to worry. I trust you love."

B: ":)"

"Here is your cherry punch."

I stick my phone back into my purse. I smile, taking the cup. "Thank you. Can we go find a seat?"

"Yeah." He looks around. "Let's go to the bleachers."

"Bleachers? Okay!" I say, getting tugged away by Dalton's hand.

Dalton is leading right to Lucas. We sit on the bleachers drinking out punch. Lucas isn't seen to be anywhere. He must have left.

"Good evening to you two. How are you guys doing?" Lucas says, coming up to us.

I guess I was wrong.

"We are good. Just got us some punch." Dalton says, holding up his cup.

"Are you guys going to dance soon?"

"I want too, but Bella won't."

I take a drink from my cup. "It's not my thing!"

"I'll leave you two to think about it. Have a good rest of your evening."