6

L: "You up?"

B: "No."

L: "I can't sleep."

B: "Me neither. I'm just on tik tok."

L: "Can I see you?"

B: "Maybe..."

He walks in and switches my bedroom light on.

I sent my phone in front of me. "I didn't say yes."

"You never said no, either."

"Hop in," I say, patting the spot next to me.

He starts walking towards me.

"Turn off the light. I will turn on my small lamp."

He walks back, turning off the light. He hops in. "Your bed is cozier and bigger."

"That's the way I like it. But underneath the covers are the best. Get in!"

"Silky on the outside and fuzzy on the inside. I love it."

"Wanna watch another movie?"

He sets his phone on the nightstand next to him. "Sure."

I pick up my phone, and I went to Netflix. "What movie? You can pick this time."

"Scary movies here we come!"

"Oh, lord..."

He scrolls through my phone on the horror list. "Got one! Insidious. Best be ready for any jump scares."

"Oh, I'm sooo ready."

We are in the middle of the movie, and I'm terrified already. I get scared easily. "Oh hell naw!" I say, holding Lucas's body. I let go. "Sorry."

"Don't be. I will be your punching bag or whatever you call it."

"Ha, thanks."

(Lucas's pov)

Bell fell asleep, hugging on my chest. She looks so peaceful like she is in her own mysterious world. I finished up the movie. It was well played. I didn't want to wake her, so I lay here in the dark. I went on my phone for a little bit. It's one in the morning.

(Bella's pov)

I wake up to Lucas gone. Did he leave? I get up and walk out into the hallway. I peaked into the guest room to see the bed was slept in. I hear my moms voice from downstairs.

"Sorry, we weren't home. We got a little tipsy and decided to just sleep in a motel. How much do I owe you?"

"It's all good Lisa. It was no biggie."

"Hey mom you are back."

"I was just explaining to Lucas why your father and I got home in the morning."

"Gotcha. What's for breakfast?"

"Lucas made breakfast. It's on the stove."

"Alright, great," I say, grabbing a plate from the dishwasher.

"I'm going to go get started on laundry. You guys behave."

"Can't promise!" I say, taking a bite of my eggs. I look over to Lucas. "What happened last night? I remember watching the movie, and here I'm now."

"You fell asleep."

"Oh my gosh, did I fall asleep on you?"

He drops his voice. "Yes, it's all good. You were comfortable. As I think of it, I like a weight pressing on me. It's so comfortable."

"Where did you go after?"

"I went back into the guest room."

"Gotcha!"

"I should get going. I got work to catch up on."

"Okay, I will see you on Monday."