22

"Alright, guys chop-chop. Head outside and get your hearts pumping. Don't think this is an accuse because of homecoming." A well-known voice shouts.

I look up from the gym ground to a man's back. "Lucas?" I whisper to myself.

"You coming?" Dalton says above me standing.

"Y-yeah."

He lifts me from the ground, and we head for the track.

"I really don't want to run," I say, groaning.

"Who doesn't besides me." He grabs my hand. "Let's go!"

"Oh! Alright!" I say, running along with him.

I hate running. It makes me sweaty and foul.

"Let's race!"

"R-race?" I say, taking many gasps of the crisp fall air.

"Yeah, let's go!" Dalton says, speeding up.

"Woah! Wait up!" I say, getting behind.

Dalton loves to run. I don't know why he hasn't mentioned to me about doing cross country or track.

"Hey, love," Lucas says, running alongside me.

"So I wasn't imagining you in the gym."

"Nope, it's all me here."

"Aren't you afraid to be caught with me?"

"What are they going to do? They haven't seen us speak in public in a while." He says, jogging slowly to keep up with my pace.

"Uh, you're wrong. The time at homecoming."

"That was for a split second, and you were with Dalton."

"If you say so," I say, speeding up a little.

"Why are you rushing? You hate running." He raises his voice a little from behind.

"I'm trying to get away from you."

He rushes back next to me. "Why so soon?"

I stop and catch my breath. "Lucas, we can't take a risk, and you know that."

"I miss you."

"You broke up with me, remember," I say, trying to keep my ground.

"Hey, Mr. Till!" Dalton says, slowing down his run.

"Good job running Dalton. You could run for track."

"You know what! That's what I have been saying! You two talk about that while I finish the rest of the track." I say, patting them both on the shoulder at the same time.

I sprinted away from them. I'm not finishing this run. I'm walking, so, therefore, they have a longer chat. When gym class was over, I was the most excited teenager. Well, an excited sweaty teen. I hate having gym but having it six-hour is the best. I couldn't handle it if I had it in the morning or evening.

I open my front door. "Oh my god, Lucas! What are you doing here!"

"I needed to see you, and we never finished our talk."

"What is there to talk about? What if I don't want to finish it? You told me to wait until you were not my teacher, and when I'm eighteen. I'm trying to do what you told me to do, but yet you are the one who is breaking the rule."

"One time." He says, begging like a dog.

I shoved his shoulder playfully. "Go home! My parents invited family over and they cannot be seeing us together alone."

"Be like that." He says, turning away.

"Ugh, fuck it," I say, tugging him inside by his shirt.

I shut the door with my foot. I hold him in my arms, kissing him like it was our last kiss in the world. 

"Oh, how I missed your luscious lips." He says, kissing me aggressively.

I back up and smile, absorbing the time in at looking at him closely. I set myself on his shoulder. 

He holds me tightly.

"I hate this..." I say, shedding a tear.

He holds my face on the sides with his two hands. "Don't cry." He says, moving his thumb across my tear.

"I can't help it..."

"Let's go cuddle before I have to leave."

We lay in my bed, cuddling. I'm on my stomach with my left side of my head on his chest while he is on his back. His left leg is on the outside with my right leg on the inside and my left leg outside and his right leg inside. My move my right-hand fingers on his chest. I traced a heart on it. We played guess what I'm outlining. I hear a car door shut from outside. Lucas and I spring up from my bed and peeked out my window.

"Okay, you need to go! We can't have my parents or anyone seeing you!" I say in a panic. "Um... Jump out my window." I say, trying to think logically.

He looks out the window. "That's too high!"

I shrug. "Sorry! Go!"

He climbs onto the roof. "You owe me!"

I lean out my window to make sure he gets down safely. "I don't owe you a thing!"

He jumps down before my bedroom door opens.

"Did I hear something?" Emily says, walking in on me by the window.

"Nope, just opening my window for some fresh air."

"Huh, okay. Well, your parents and mine are here, and they want you to come and join us."

"Tell them I'll be down in a sec."

"K." She says, leaving my room.

" She says, leaving my room