23

Today is Halloween. I'm getting ready to go out with Dalton. We are going trick or treating for the last time in our life until we have kids. Next year we will start going to college Halloween parties or passing out candy to little munchkins. He and I decided to pair up. We are going as milk and cookies. He is the milk, and I'm the cookie. My parents will stay home and pass out candy while we go out and enjoy our time.

Emily had to come over and join to keep watch on us because she is an adult. She is only two years older than me. She turned 19 on the 20th. I can't believe they trust her to watch my 17-year-old self. I'm far more mature than she will ever be. Her hobby is going to parties since middle school.

"You guys got your pillowcases or buckets?" My mom says, walking us out to the door.

"Yeah, I pulled some off of my bed."

"I had some old ones you could have used." She says, holding her bowl of candy.

"It's okay." I smile. "Anyway, we won't be long. We are just getting a little stash to snack on."

"Be safe, all of you."

"Thanks," I say, walking out. I twist around to my door and ring the doorbell.

My mom opens the door with her right hand holding the candy.

"Trick or trick!"

She laughs. "Shoot!"

"Give me one to eat on the way," I say, requesting.

She hands me a small snickers bar.

"Thanks, mommy," I say, walking off and opening the wrapper.

We approximately went to thirty houses, and we were about done. Emily continued complaining about how her feet ached. She is wearing black heels and is kinda dressed like a slut, but it's Halloween, so that's when girls can dress however they desired, and no one judges. Emily dresses ridiculously every day, so I have the right to judge quietly.

"Yeah, I will be there soon," Emily says, hanging up the phone. "We are going to a party."

"I don't want too," I say, throwing my bag of candy over my shoulder.

"I don't care what you want. Let's uber to my house and change your clothes."

"I will call my mom."

"Taddle tale. Dalton, would you like to come with me?"

"Uh..." He says, looking at me. "I have always wanted to go to a party."

"Fine! Will go." I shout.

Emily ubered us to her house. I'm sitting on her bed with Dalton as she is looking for a cuter outfit for me. She doesn't want me going into the party dressed as a cookie. She gave Dalton a pair of men clothes that he and I don't know where it came from. Emily pulls out a white skirt and a beautiful white floral top with a halo and wings.

"Why do you have a devil costume and an angel costume?" I wonder.

She grins, throwing me the clothes. "Couldn't choose."

Emily is wearing black, tight leggings with a small red top that shows half of her upper body. She additionally has a black choker and a silky glistening devil headpiece on with a lot of makeup. I get dressed in the downstairs bathroom. The skirt is not my precise length, and I keep having to pull it down. The top is like hers but shows less skin. I stare at myself in the mirror, and to be honest, it's cute.

"Okay, cute!" She says, coming up to me and fluffing up my curls. "Let me give you lip gloss and 

then we can hit the road."