13

"Oh, let's make a stop at the gift shop. I need to get the matching swimsuit."

He pulls up to the store on the way out. I jump out, closing the door behind me. He rolls down his window.

"I will only be a moment."

"Take your time." He says, rolling it back up.

I wandered around, looking at the bathing suits. 4th July is coming up, and they are having a special sale. I feel like its too early but too them It's not. I found a cute one on sale. The top is half blue with white stars and the other half with red and white stripes. For the bottom, the outside is red and white stripes, and the inside is blue with the white stars.

"Notice how we are acting like we are boyfriend and girlfriend." He declares, as soon as I get into the car.

"Well... Are we?" I say, setting my bag down on the floor near my feet.

He drives off. "You tell me."

I hesitate. "I don't know... I would like it to happen. You did give me a ring." I say, showing him the ring pop that I licked off completely, leaving just the plastic ring part.

He laughs loudly, choking on his saliva. "You kept that!" He says in shock.

"Why wouldn't I? You don't throw rings away."

He puts his hand on my thigh, stroking it with his thumb. "I feel like one lucky man."

"I'm one lucky girl."

We get home after the two-hour drive. I admire car rides. I love listening to country music as I stare out the window. It sets the mood perfectly. We threw all of our bags on the floor at the front door. We planned on picking them up later. Everyone does this after a small or big getaway, so I really don't feel guilty. I relax on the couch with Lucas.

"Okay, so we each finished two things on our bucket list. Kinda three for me because of the bike ride from the banana bike, but I won't count it."

"Oh, don't remind me. It's what...? The 25th of June? And how many days do we have before they come back?"

"Um... July 4th. July fourth!? That's a weird coincidence." I say.

"Wouldn't they arrive on the 3rd of July?"

"Uh, maybe. We will see when they get back." I say, wondering.

It's 2:18 in the afternoon. We left at 12 to get home early. I scoot onto Lucas, laying on my back with me on his stomach. He is like a tough, comfy stuff bear. We decided to watch tik toks on my phone.

I sit up between his legs. "Hey, I'm going to go for a bike ride. Do you want to come?"

"No, I'm good. I'm just going to stay here and watch these videos."

"I got you addicted, huh?"

"Yes. It's quite fascinating." He sits up next to me. "Don't you have any friends to hang with?"

"Trying to get rid of me, I see."

"Haha, no... never."

"No, I don't. I'm better off without any."

"Don't you feel alone?" He askes me.

"A little but not really."

"Go make some!"

"Where are your friends? Bring them here to hang. Have a small get together. I don't want you to be by me 24/7. I'm probably annoying you."

"You are not annoying me, but sure I will. We can have a small game night." He suggests.