35

"Wake up, beautiful. It's time to get ready for the doctor's appointment."

I moan of exhaustion. I get the strength to push my hair out of my face after a good night of sleep, and I pull Lucas on top of me. I enclosed my arms around him and squeezed him tightly. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, but we gotta get up lazy butt."

I groan, getting out of bed. "Help me get dressed."

"I have got to get back downstairs to breakfast."

"You made food? What did you make?" I say, intrigued.

"Your favorite fruit loop cereal!" He says, cracking a joke.

I slump back in disappointment. "Are you serious?" I say, unhappily. "I'm not craving that."

"What are you craving, my dear?"

"Mcdonalds. Specifically the sweet sugary pancakes, eggs, the greasy hashbrowns and orange juice."

"Then will stop on the way, my love."

I smile. "Okay, get out. I need to get dressed."

"Didn't you want me to help?"

"If we want to be on time and get breakfast before it's lunchtime, I should do it myself."

"Aw, man."

"But later, you can undress me," I say, teasing him as I slide off my bra out of my shirt.

Twenty minutes later, I got my delicious McDonalds. We almost near the building of my doctor's appointment. My appointment begins after waiting for ten minutes.

The aid takes me to a room and does my height and weight. She then takes me to a medium-sized room, and I get up on the bed table, and she takes my temperature and blood pressure. My numbers are in the safe zone.

"So, Miss Campbell, are you on any medications at this moment?"

"No, but Ibeprofun when needed."

"Have you been sexually active?"

I look over to Lucas and then back at her. "Yes."

"When was your last period?"

"Um... Well, I'm on it now..."

"Why do you sound unsure?"

"Well, my boyfriend noticed blood on my thigh yesterday, so that's when I began, but before I even knew that I was overdue for my period."

"Noted. Why are you here today?"

"I have been feeling nauseous and not myself, and I am not sure what it is?" I take a deep breath. 

"That orange juice didn't sit well on my stomach. I need to use the restroom."

"While you mentioned going to the bathroom, let me get you a urine cup." The medical assistant takes action. She hands me the clear plastic cup.

"Thanks, I won't be long. I hope."

"Thake your time, sweetie. I will be gone, but the doctor will be here shortly. We aren't busy today, so it won't take long."

I walk down the hall in my mixed match socks. I forgot to put my shoes back on after taking my height and weight. I have gained five pounds probably because of that fattening food I just ate, or it has been building up over time.

I take the lid off of the cup, and I put it down at the urine stream, and I realize that there is no blood on my pad. I finish urinating, and there is still no blood in the cup.

I come back into the room, shaking."There is no blood." I say to both of them.

"Let me take your specimen cup and get that tested for you." The main doctor answers.

We wait in the room for a while, and I'm getting very antsy. I keep pacing around.

"Come sit down."

"I can't Lucas... Do you know what this means?"

The doctor comes back in with the medical assistants. The medical assistant tells Lucas to leave the room because they want to do a pelvic exam. They put my feet in stirrups and spread my legs. The doctor begins the exam. She takes me through the exam slowly, but It's still very uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt. I wish Lucas is with me because he makes me feel at home.

"Can you go get my boyfriend?" I ask them kindly.

"Of course." The medical assistant responds.

The doctor stops but begins when I am situated with Lucas beside me. The doctor is not allowed to proceed with the exam without the medical assistant in the room. The doctor finishes up and moves away from the table, taking off her blue gloves and tossing them in the trash.

"Let me check your analysis, but I believe you're pregnant. Your uterus is enlarged."

"I-I am what?"

"Let's figure out how long you are. I will give you a script for an ultrasound, but it will have to be after you're twelve weeks. Start taking prenatal vitamins."

"Oh... okay, thanks."

"I know you seemed overwhelmed, but I have kids of my own, and they are a delight."

"Okay, well, thank you," I say, putting on my shoes.

"How much blood did you have? It sometimes happens."

"It was just spotted, but I don't think it was real. I believe it came from my Halloween costume."

"If you bleed again, come and see me."

"Alright, thank you."

She smiles. "Have a great day both of you, and congratulations."

I check out and get my script for an ultrasound. Lucas and I are now in the car doing nothing but sitting in the doctor's parking lot. We drive home in silence.