29

I went to my graduation and received my high school diploma. I didn't appreciate going on stage with everyone staring, but I did it! It feels so unreal that I finished school. I remember my first steps in elementary school as a preschooler. It seems like there is nothing left to accomplish. Life is boring now. The only thing I have to look forward to is my job. I have been making the subs, and I love it. The manager adores me, which is a plus. I will be doing delivery somedays when staff is short once I turn 18, which isn't long.

I have my grad party with Dalton tonight. He invited his friend Robert as I invited Savannah, which I doubt she would show. We got a little closer this year, even though we haven't hung out once. Her parents are strict and wanted her to keep up with her studies. We called on facetime multiple times, which was fun.

A lot of family is coming by. Dalton has a small family, and I met them before at his place. They are adorable. I love the grandma. Every time we would meet, she would always pinch my cheeks. She further makes amazing Italian dishes and will be bringing some tonight, and I can't wait.

My dad is grilling up on his regular dishes, Steak, burgers, and hot dogs. My mom is scooping up snacks and a salad. There is also a cooler full of beers for the adults and a pop and water table for underage kids like Dalton and me.

I come walking in the kitchen from the backyard. I make my way into the middle of the room.

"Hunny, your grandma is here!" My mom says, walking past me with a dish in her hands.

I walk over to my grandma towards the entrance.

"I come bearing gifts!" My grandma speaks, walking up to me with her arms open.

"Aw, you didn't have to," I say, hugging her tight.

She hands me an envelope. "Where is that sweet boy of yours. I got him a gift card too."

"So sweet of you, gram. He's in the back helping dad out.

"Thank you, dear." She responds, walking away.

I devoured the delicious food and had a great conversation with family and friends. I head for the drink table to get a refill. I pour myself coca-cola. I turn around with my face glued to my phone when I bump into Lucas, almost spilling my soda. I need to start paying attention more.

"Oh... hey..." I say, looking up startled.

Lucas smiles as he scratches his cheek. "I was just looking for you. I got you a gift card."

My eyes widen, taking the card. "Oh, wow! Thanks! You totally didn't have to do that!"

"I did."

I lick my lips. "Well, I'm gonna go put this by the other cards," I say, walking away stupidly.

I totally just embarrassed myself in front of him. I keep doing that. By now, I would think I should feel comfortable around him. The funny thing is I never know when he comes to things like this. My mom never informs me. I mean, why should she. I am on the look to find Dalton to have another chat with someone because everyone else is busy chatting themselves, and I don't want to look like the odd one out.

"Hey!" I say, coming up from him behind and covering his eyes. I feel his smile stretch.

"Ohh, I wonder who this is," Dalton says, thinking playfully.

I made a quick stop in my room to get my gift for Dalton. I am not sure what will Dalton feel about this gift. It's going to be very sentimental for him. This day is probably difficult for him, and I wanted to get him something special.