39

Lucas and I get ready for the big day. The baby shower. My mom and grandma have been planning this since they found out. I can't believe ten more weeks to go, and I get to hold my precious dumpling in my hands. Lucas has been a big support. He always assists in massaging my feet and back. He has never missed checkups and ultrasounds. He makes sure I take my vitamins every day, which I always forget. What I love the most is he rubs my belly and talks to our baby. I will catch him singing a few times.

We have been putting the baby stuff in my room because we are unsure about the nursy. My mom insisted on having the nursery in the guest room, but I couldn't. She has done so much so far, and she always has her friends spend the night and other family members or friends if they need a place to stay. I can't take that away from any of them.

For the gender reveal, Lucas and I are wearing white, and we are going to have paint bottles filled with the color of our baby, and we are going to get messy, throwing it on each other. The only person who knows the gender is Dalton. He prepared the paint bottles. He put them in a bottle, making sure you can't see from the outside.

When you first walk into the house, there is a table of blue and pink necklaces. You are supposed to wear the color you think is the gender. I want a baby girl, so I am wearing a pink necklace around my neck. Lucas wants a boy, and so does my grandma. My parents want a girl just like me. Dalton said he doesn't care what gender it is, and if he were to choose one, I wouldn't allow him to say because he already knows the gender, and he would mess up my mind because I tend to overthink. Yesterday I got my nails done a baby pink and blue. I brought Dalton with me and made him get a pedicure. He resisted at first but enjoyed it when it was all done. His feet were soft as ever.

Everyone right now is chattering away. We invited a small number of people. Lucas's parents were supposed to fly out when I roughly around twenty weeks to tell them about the baby and the gender, but we decided to wait longer, and because of that, Lucas's parents couldn't make it. Lucas and I are under the gazebo with has his arm around me and my head on his shoulder.

"I really wish they could have came..." I say, fiddling with his fingers that is on the right of me.

His phone rings, and he picks it up straight away.

"Whose that?" I say, looking over at his phone.

He removes his arm off of me and smiles. "I got a surprise for you."

"You do?" I say, smiling, getting all jumpy and excited.

He gets up and takes my hand, leading me into the house. I see three unknown people at the front door, but then it hit me.

I lean over his shoulder to his ear. "I-is that your family?" I say, to make sure.

He brings me close. "Yes."

"Lucas! My baby!" His mom says in excitement. 

"Mom, don't embarrass me." He says, laughing and going in for a hug.

"Oh, shush it."

I stand behind him nervously. He shakes hands with his dad, and then he does a quick pat on the back with his younger brother that he told me about. I actually talked to him on the phone once when Lucas was playing GTA with him. He is very chill. Lucas hasn't seen his family in years since he moved from Georgia to here.

Emily comes up from behind. "Who is that cutie?"

I look over to her. "Lucas's brother."

"How old?"

"I think 23."

"Mmm, nice. Now I can get off Lucas's and your back."

"What do you mean?"

She winks and walks away. Lucas's mom looks at me and goes quickly into a hug. I hug her with the news I just put together. I look at Lucas, and he gives me a strange look.

"Give me a moment with Bell. We will be right back." He says, breaking us apart.

"John and Nick still needs to meet her." His mom tells.

"It will be a moment, mother."

"Okay, dear." She replies, smiling and looking around.

He takes me to the bathroom that is on the main level.

"Is everything okay? You looked flushed."

"Oh yeah! I am just nervous, and Emily had to tell me something that was...eh."

"What did she say?"

"Okay, well... do you remember that time when there was that person who wouldn't let us be together?"

"Yeah?"

"Emily hinted it was her..."

"You have got to be kidding with me."

"And she also hinted that she was to get with your bother."

"That crazy bitch."

I giggle. "Let's go save your brother."

We got back, and his brother was safe... for now. I met the rest of his family. I lead his family to meet mine. My parents and his got along so well, and I can't believe I am already comfortable with them. His mom is excited to find out the gender, and she is team girl. His mom and I talked for a little before the gender reveal, and she doesn't mind me being 18 as Lucas is 30. As long as Lucas is happy, then she is happy. She further told me about his girlfriend and his son which, I was already informed, but she explained how he was a wreck, and he needed to get out of Georgia, and that's why he came to Michigan. She sees the way he looks at me. I joked around and said, "Once this baby comes, his attention is going all to him or her. I don't get that you are my soul mate look anymore." She laughed.

"You guys ready?" My mom questions.

"Yes!" I reply.

"Alright, Lucas is out there waiting."

We walk out into the front of the house. My dad didn't want to get paint on the patio because we were not sure if it would leave a stain or not. There isn't much grass, so it's close to the patio, and we didn't want to take the chance. Lucas and I are in front of everyone with the bottles. I get nervous because the answer is right in my hand.

I look at him. "When do we st-"

He interrupts my speaking and splatters the paint on me. I go ahead and do the same. Everybody laughs and cheers. It's a GIRL! I am so happy I am having a little girl! Lucas is happy as well, even though he wanted a boy to play video games with.

Lucas helps me get cleaned in the shower. I love it when he and I take them together. He and I go downstairs all cleaned up. It is time for dessert and then opening gifts. I had a pink cake pop and strawberry ice cream. We move onto the gifts. I got lots of clothes, a few baby toys, formula, and Lucas's dad come over with a big box of diapers. I also did get gift cards, so If I ever need something for the baby girl, it's right there, ready to be used.

"I have got one more gift for you."

"What else could possibly be there?" I say, laughing.

He hands me a small box.

I open it to a gold key. I look up to him. "What's this?"

"A key to my house... our house."

I get up and hug him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He says, gripping me tight.