30

"Babe, can you pass the sparkling water please," I say, asking him a favor.

"Of course, beautiful."

Dalton surprised me with a picnic after my shift. I made subs for our main course because he asked, and I went along with it. I was unaware it was for this purpose. He is so adorable. He treats me amazingly and doesn't ask for anything intimate. We haven't got to that stage yet, but I know it's on his mind if it's on my mind, but I don't think I am ready for that next step. We have been seeing each other since June, and it's already July. Our one month is coming up soon on the 20th.

Tonight our family are going to have dinner. My parents love Dalton as if he was their own son. I think it's because of my brother. Oh, how I wish he was here to meet him. They would get along like brothers. It's almost the 29th of my brother's death anniversary. July 4th was hard, but Dalton helped me through it. It was new to me to have someone there because I am independent when it comes to my feelings. I don't like to be a burden to people with my problems.

Dalton and I lay on our cozy blanket with the fresh summer breeze flowing over us. We are staring at the clouds, pointing out which cloud looks like what. I have always loved this activity when I am in a car or on a road trip.

"That looks like a Japanese dragon," I say, pointing out.

He sits ups. "Holy shit, that does." He responds, looking amazed. He lays back down.

I reach for his hand and hold it. I roll over on his stomach, and he wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes. "I am taking a nap."

"Right in the public park?"

"Yes."

"I will nap with you. Let me set an alarm, so we are not late for dinner."

"Mmm k," I say relaxed.

Soon as my eyes closed, they are open again. I hear the alarm clock go off. I rub my eyes and flip my hair back and stretch over him to turn it off. He snakes his hands around my waist and begins tickling me.

"Haha, stop!" I say, giggling.

He stops. "How was your nap?"

"Great! I had the comfiest pillow."

He gets ups and straightens his pants. He smiles. "Good. Let's pack up and get ready to go home."

We make it home with dinner set nicely on the table. Daltons dad is in the living room with my dad relaxing. I throw the blanket in the laundry room and threw out the remaining trash in the picnic basket.

We are at the table, enjoying the food my mom whipped up. She is a marvelous cook. I could never turn down her food unless I ate before or I ate too many sweets like that one time last year. At the table, we are talking about a mix of things. Places we want to go, weird theories, and any strange shit that pops in our heads, which my mind was the main conversation at the table.

"Haha, oh my god, imagine you in twister, mom."

"I could still rock that!"

I giggle. "I will believe when I see it."

"Let's do it! We have the game, dear."

"We do?" I question, thinking back to the closet of games.

"Yes, I will go get it." She says, setting her napkin on the table. She comes back into the kitchen with the Twister box in her hands. She sets the box on the table. "Who's up?"

"Not me, darling. I don't need to be that grown-up that can get up or be that silly meme." My dad responds.

I burst out a laugh. The "Help, I have fallen, and I can't get up" meme fills my head. "I volunteer as tribute," I say to my mom.