34

Today is Halloween. Life has gone by so quickly it feels so unreal. I got another job to fill in my spare time, and I'm making some good bank. Dalton went back to school back in September, and we still remain friends. Him being at school hardly affects us though it's still awkward. I hope it goes back to normal one day. Lucas and I are doing amazing. Life is like a fairy tale right now. He is my magical prince.

I began the day with a pumpkin spice latte that my mom surprised me with. I'm not a fan of that flavor, but I drank it anyway. Lucas spent the night because I wanted to wake up under the same roof, but my mom wouldn't allow me to sleep with him in the same bed, but we snuck into each other's rooms for a brief moment.

I walk downstairs in my bloody angel costume. Lucas is sitting on the couch in his bloody devil costume. We are not going to trick or treat, but we are going to pass out candy to the little kids for an hour and then head to a party. My parents are not going to know about it because I feel like drinking, and shockingly, Lucas accepted. I plop next to him and lay my head on his shoulder and taking ahold of his arm.

He looks over, and I see his eyes move down to my white skirt. "Babe, your bleeding..."

I look in between my thigh. I stand up excitedly. "Yes, finally!" I say, pushing aside my skirt enough to see the small line of blood on my skin that trickled down.

He gives me a strange look. "Aren't your periods suppose to make you moody and not act excited?"

"I haven't got my period for a while now, so I am glad it came."

"Haha, good. I don't want children any time soon."

My face shifts to sadness. "Well... I am gonna go change." I say, kissing him on the cheek and left to get clean underwear.

I stick on my pad quickly without looking where I stuck it on my fresh underwear. Trick or treating is about to begin, and I forgot to turn on the porch light and open the front door. My mom would have done it, but she is down for a nap. I don't need the kids passing over to the next house without a handful of candy. We bought a lot, and I would eat it all myself, but I haven't been feeling myself lately. It must be my cycle. I always get weary and sick in the first couple of days.

"All set?" Lucas says, ripping open a small snickers bar from the candy bowl with his teeth.

He loves opening stuff with his teeth, if you know what I mean.

"How many have you had so far?" I ask, taking a piece for myself from the black witch bowl.

He shoves the snickers bar in his mouth as he is attempting to count with his fingers.

"No more," I say, giggling.

I hear the joyful kids screaming outside. I switch on the light and crack open the front door. I see a little one in a spider costume walk up with what seems to be his grandparents on the sidewalk waiting, so I fully opened the door. It is chilly outside as It's also muggy on every Halloween. Michigan weather is bipolar.

The boy holds his pumpkin bucket up. "Trick or treat!"

"Look at those muscles! I think spiderman deserves two handfuls."

"Yes, he does!" The kid says with a great big smile.

It's been an hour, and I have gotten multiple kids with a peanut allergy.

I made goodie bags for that specific issue. I get them a lot around here, and it makes it easier for the parent to sort it out with less in the basket.

It's time for things to whine down and for me and Lucas to enjoy our time together at his friend's party.

It points out to me if he has told his friends about our relationship and if so, I wonder what they think. I mean, I would think so. Dalton knows about Lucas, and me and he is still trying to get comfortable with that concept. My grandma found out when she walked into my room as Lucas and I were making out. She was glad to see us together. She is a chill grandma, and she didn't mention the age gap considering her husband, my grandpa were farther apart than us both.

It's time to head out. We both said our farewells to my parents and went on our merry way. We get to Mike's house. I walk on the moist stone path with the lights reflecting off the water. I stare at the Halloween decor as I grip onto Lucas's hand. Mike would be the one to decorate. We walk into his front door with a greeting from Melissa.

"Yay, my two favorite couples are here!" She says, squeezing us together.

Well, that answers my question.

She looks pleased that we are together, which confuses me since Lucas and her have a past. I suppose she is being a supportive friend and moved on.

"Make yourself at home, Bella."

"Okie," I say, looking around. "Imma go find the alcohol."

"Don't drink too much." He says, stroking my back with one hand.

"Will see about that," I say, smirking and walking off to first explore.

I have kind of got into liquor. I love the feeling when it travels down. However, it does burns. I wouldn't say I hate it or love it. I'm neutral about it. It's nice to drink once in a while.

I sip my drink in the corner of the kitchen, eating a lot of snacks. I love the Halloween treats. They look like they were created from Pinterest. I feel a wave of nauseousness set in my stomach, and so in the rest of my body.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna head out in the garage and smoke some pot."

I give him that look. He knows I am not a fan of it. I despise the smell. "O-okay," I say, trying to stay strong, so he doesn't suspect something is up.

"Alright, give me a few and will hangout beautiful." He says, looking past me.

After he walked off, I hurried away to the bathroom to throw up in the toilet with leftover pee that no one chose to flush. It reeks. I didn't know someone's pee could smell so bad. I lay on the floor in misery. I take the ponytail off my wrist and put it into a messy bun. I lean over the toilet, barfing again. I lean back against the wall aggressively, wiping my mouth with pieces of toilet paper. I pull out my phone to text Lucas.

B: "Can you meet me in the bathroom, please."

I flush the toilet to get that throw up smell out of the room as I wait for Lucas to show. I feel bad for pestering him. He left not long ago. I return to my phone to delete the text. I push myself up to find a quiet room to stay in. Before I left, I lean close to the faucet of the sink to sip some of the tasteless bathroom water. I access the room that says, do not enter room is off-limits. It must be Mike's room. I don't think he will mind. I would go to another room, but who knows who will show. I don't want to be that girl that gets raped or assaulted at a party because she wanted to rest. I lean to my side and calmly shut my eyes.

"Bella! There you are! I have been looking for you everywhere and ringing your phone multiple times." Lucas says, plopping himself near my body.

I lean my head towards him. "I needed to rest. I wasn't feeling good."

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have you taken home."

"I didn't want to disturb you. You were looking forward to hanging out with your friends for a while now."

"I care more about your health than my social life. Is it your period?"

"Um... maybe? I don't know." I question my feelings.

"I will try and get a doctor's appointment booked for tomorrow but for now let's take you home."

"Okay," I say, faint smile. "Is Mike going to be mad, I went in here? I didn't want to end up like those girls on those movies."

"He will understand. He actually adores you. You remind him of his sister who moved away."

I laugh. "Talking about me, huh?"

He lifts me up, wrapping his fingers on my skin strongly. "Always love."

I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head on his shoulder.

Former TeacherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara