19; 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

the team was separated into four groups. first car carried seungcheol, seungkwan and seokmin. the second car was occupied by jeonghan, minghao and mingyu. the third, soonyoung, jihoon, chan. fourth, vernon, junhui, wonwoo and joshua.

the four groups reassembled on the back of an apartment building, recognizing each other when they saw the signature rose quartz-colored earpiece.

"fukuro is inside this apartment building. they have a special code to get to the upper floors, you know the code won. then, woozi? follow through with the plan. we will be arriving soon after you come in. use the earpiece if necessary." seungcheol continues, "we have a tracker on the fukuro mafia officials but it's not working as of now. we're not familiar with their base either, they change it every three months."

"okay, we'll go in now." wonwoo nodded at seungcheol, then he signals jihoon to follow. wonwoo strides to the entrance of the apartment, jihoon following behind.

"hoshi?" seungcheol called, and soonyoung nodded in acknowledgment. soonyoung trained for this, he knew he won't screw up. his objective was to control all the residents who lived in the apartment, and make them evacuate without them knowing about the existence of supernatural mafias and seventeen. besides, there were probably only 30 people who lived 7 floors down. fukuro members occupy floor 8 to floor 15.

whatever. soonyoung can do it.

meanwhile, jihoon and wonwoo were already inside the elevator. both were newbies and scared, but wonwoo still followed through the plan. being a coward is not an option when you're already in the elevator.

wonwoo presses the code onto the elevator buttons. "385876. okay, woozi, let's go to the 8th floor first." wonwoo said, to which jihoon nodded.

"okay. if we don't find the targets there, i'll destroy the ceiling and go to the next floor immediately. you can catch up, right?" jihoon asked. wonwoo nodded. the elevator dings, and the doors open.

wonwoo wasn't standing on the ground now, while jihoon had a little smirk playing on his lips. jihoon walks out, and as expected, there are guards outside rooms. they didn't take too long to notice jihoon.

"sup, fuckers?!" jihoon asked to no one in particular, making all the guards raise up to the ceiling. it started raining bullets, which scared jihoon at first—but wonwoo was there and he redirected them to the guards. jihoon chuckled, making them drop to the floor.

"we need to check the rooms now, let's go!" wonwoo walks on the wall, kicking every door down while jihoon checked. there were only empty offices.

were there this many fukuro members? that's reasonable, they're a pretty big mafia anyway. the only thing that jihoon was unimpressed with was their hideout being in an apartment building. shouldn't they have their own building? psh, poor shits! seventeen doesn't even need to share the 12 story building with random people! buy a building instead of spending all your time on the orphanage!

"i recognized one guard." wonwoo said, waiting for jihoon to make a hole in the ceiling. apparently he was making a clump of cement and iron move—and it worked. there was now an ugly hole in the ceiling. "he was in the orphanage when we were 7."

"really? we didn't kill him anyways. no need to be guilty." jihoon said. he floats and lands on the 9th floor, thanks to the hole in the ceiling. wonwoo walks in the 9th floor too.

suddenly, someone spoke in their earpieces. "woozi and won! head straight to the 13th floor, don't waste your time with those guards! we'll be coming up soon." it was junhui. they probably located the masterminds using joshua's tracker.

"okay!" jihoon replied, proceeding to make more holes in the ceiling.

"you're supposed to fucking say something like positive, or affirmative, or understood or something like that! don't ruin the fun—" junhui gets cut off in the earpiece. jihoon shook his head.

wonwoo and jihoon were in the thirteenth floor. there were bigger and manier guards in this floor, but wonwoo and jihoon have abilities. jihoon took out a knife, before speaking, "you get the ones on the right side, mine on the left side. let's go!"

wonwoo bashed the heads of every single guard on the right side of the hallway. while jihoon? all the guards were in the floor in the blink of an eye. say, jihoon is better in making strategies than seungcheol!

most of the rooms were empty again. there are some rooms with weapons, blood, torturing devices or paperwork— but there wasn't even one person in.

but there was one room where indistinct chatter was heard. wonwoo bravely opened the door, but when he did, ice suddenly made its way to wonwoo's feet and planted him on his place.

"heck yeah, you're the masterminds." jihoon says, floating to avoid the ice too. wonwoo used gravity to attract the ice from his feet somewhere else.

"not everyone could join the party, though!" a boy with brown highlights spoke, laughing maniacally after. jihoon furrowed his eyebrows at him. the door slammed behind wonwoo and jihoon. "the others went to pledis mafia's base. aw, i wish they saw you guys! kyunie would've loved seeing your pretty faces smeared with your own blood!"

wonwoo knows this guy. his name is youngjae and he can steal abilities. wonwoo needs to make sure that he keeps his distance from youngjae.

"okay, but did i ask?" jihoon replied, making a face at the boy with brown highlights, youngjae. jihoon's sass is definitely helping.

"ugh, you should've freezed their whole bodies! see, they're putting up attitude on me!" youngjae said, turning to a man whose back faced the two seventeen members.

"uh, i suggest that you don't turn your backs on us because we might kill you while your guard is down—" a knife flies to jihoon's way, but jihoon was able to control it before it was able to hit him. it floats, and then drops. "you can't use a reverse card on us, you bitch!"

the door was kicked open. "I HEEAAAARD THAAAT WOOOOOZI! YOU GO  GAY!" minghao enters the scene, high fiving jihoon. "jinyoung, minhyuk, face us! come on, don't be shy! we've seen that face hundreds of times."

"for you, what? millions of times?" a man with slicked back hair appears, who was sitting on the swivel chair all along. they didn't notice him, because the chair faced the window behind it. "am i right, minghao-sunbaenim?"

"yes, you're right. but the exposing me to my teammates card isn't going to work, they know that i came from pledis myself. they're supposed to be working for you, too, they're from that ugly ass orphanage you use to recruit members and guards."

the person whose back faced the seventeen members finally turns around, his hands were frozen. literally in ice. his hair was bleached, black in the roots. his smile was too sincere and enthusiastic for a mafia member. there are maniacs who smile so brightly, but this one is different. it's like he's a kid playing on a sunny day in the playground.

"really? that's where i was from, too! i must say, it was easy to escape that orphanage, but i stayed. may i ask why you escaped?" he eyes wonwoo and jihoon—and then his gaze was stuck on jihoon. jihoon's eyes widened, meeting the eyes of the smiley man.

"oh, hello, dongsaeng!" minhyuk(wonwoo figured that he would be minhyuk, of course) laughed, waving innocently at the younger.

dongsaeng?! minghao furrowed his brows. wonwoo sighed, telling the other members something on the earpiece, while jihoon was fuming when he realized who this guy was.

the ground was shaking. the things around them were shaking, too—it only meant that jihoon was hella mad. "you don't deserve to call me that title."

"oh, really?" he tilts his head. only then minghao figured it out—lee minhyuk was lee jihoon's brother.