28; 𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙞𝙖𝙨𝙘𝙤

seungcheol and chan were both holding jinha's hands while they were strolling in the mall. everything was going fine, until they found the toy store.

"pa—papa, there's the store!" jinha points to the toy store, where lots of kids were running around and breaking down. personally, it looked nothing fun, but seungcheol and chan were still dragged in. "i'll come back to you in a minute!"

"no, let's go together, there are a lot of pe—jinha!" chan facepalmed, counting jinha's sudden disappearance as the first problem they'll encounter. "seungcheol-hyung, how will we find her?"

"i'll can go through toy racks and find her immediately," seungcheol says. "stay here, or you could try to find her too."

seungcheol runs, as fast as he can so nobody will catch a glimpse of him. normal people would definitely make a mess when they see seungcheol casually walking through stuff, trying to find jinha.

"the noise has lessened... maybe seungcheol found jinha now?" chan muttered to himself, while examining a toy sword. he strikes nothing playfully, but chan accidentally hits a toy robot with the toy sword. chan frantically puts the robot back into its place before anyone could see.

"found her!" seungcheol and jinha approches chan from behind. chan puts the sword back, to face the two. "she got lots of dolls though, i think jinha can't choose between them!"

chan smiles at jinha, who had six dolls in her arms, excitedly showing her 'mama' the dolls. "aw, you can choose one only one because six wouldn't fit in your pretty bag!"

"the other five don't need to be paid for, mama! i-i think i can just leave them here. their mamas would be looking for them." jinha recieves a pat from seungcheol.

"and you get the remaining doll for yourself? how about her mama?" seungcheol asked, crouching. chan places his hands on his waist, standing behind seungcheol.

"this doll doesn't have a mama, because she's not real! the others are real people! they're mean girls who wanted to take my new mimi," jinha drops five dolls, and holds the remaining doll dearly. she caresses it as chan panics. seungcheol didn't seem to get it.

"okay, let's buy—ow! chan, this is not the time!" seungcheol rubs his nape, which chan slapped. chan's eyes widen as if to signal something to seungcheol.

real people? dolls? mean girls? seungcheol's mouth gaped. "jinha, that's not very nice of you!" chan scolds.

"hey, that's just right! you defended yourself from mean girls, you should fight them back!"

"but she was planning on leaving them here, what if—"

"paging jeon heomin, female, brown hair with bangs, wearing orange." the speakers stopped playing songs, replacing them with a sickly sweet voice of a woman. chan and seungcheol knew they had to make it fast.

jinha was shyly picking on her hands while waiting for whatever chan and seungcheol might do. seungcheol sighed. "chan, i think your ability would work if you touch the dolls. i'll talk to jinha." chan nodded. seungcheol faced jinha. "you did a very good job! that's the best way to deal with bullies, and make sure you tell your guardians about it okay? and oh, turn them back once you're about to leave."

"bad advice, seungcheol-hyung. really bad." chan says, picking up the five dolls. as seungcheol said, touching the dolls would turn them back to humans—which undeniably made chan smile a little. chan thought his ability works only when touching humans, but seungcheol seemed to know chan's ability better than the actual owner did.

the dolla turned into humans. jinha snarled at them and they ran away, while seungcheol clapped. "good job, baby! now let's pay for that doll!" chan sighs.

seungcheol and jinha happily walked to the counter. chan followed, and waited for them to finish. the queue was quite long. though a little stressed, chan still smiled at the sight of seungcheol carrying an excited jinha, holding a new doll in her hands. that's what calmed chan down—until a parent walks up to chan.

"that's your kid, right?" she's a little taller than chan, with the help of her stilettos. she carries a branded bag, while her long dress(chan wanted to laugh at the fact that it was a beach dress) proudly had a chanel trademark on it. "your kid bullied my child."

chan bowed slightly. "uh, nice to meet you, ma'am, but your child was the first one to rob jinha of a doll. she just tried to defend herself from bullies."

the lady was obviously offended. what? i was saying all truth! sugarcoated and politely! "so you're saying that my child is a bully? she's not a bully, nor will she ever lie. right, renjin?" one of the mean girls that bullied jinha sprung from behind the lady. the kid named renjin nods. the lady's chin rises in such an arrogant way, making chan feel a little ridiculed.

chan steps forward a little. "ma'am, jinha would never lie as well. forgive me if she made your child cry, but you should also consider teaching her not to bully others."

the lady shrieked, making a scene. "he stepped on me!" the guards were ready to make a move, chan cautiously looked at them in case they would hold back chan. "i'll sue you, and make sure your child will apologize to my child!"

chan stepped a little closer, despite her threats. "ma'am, with all due respect, i didn't do anything for it to count as harrassment. and i apologized already, if you don't remember."

"he stepped on me again!" the lady's voice made chan wince. chan never did anything, and he'll fight for it. "i'll make your life a living hell!" the lady points at chan accusingly, while chan saw renjin smirking. such a mean person at that age.

"ah, really?" seungcheol appears, holding jinha's hand. jinha didn't care about the situation at all, she was just playing with her new doll, still named mimi. "ma'am, i apologize sincerely for our child's actions."

"that's all you needed to say in the beginning, but your..." the lady looked at chan. "partner here still harassed me. i'm going to file an..."

chan tuned out, fully occupied and overwhelmed with all the labels. labels labels labels. our child? partner? what the fuck, are we really married now?

seungcheol didn't bother to listen. fine, if she wants to do it this way, seungcheol will play along. seungcheol fishes out his black card rhat he hadn't shoved back in his wallet after buying the doll for jinha. "fine, i'll play along. how much for your silence? your mouth can be pretty dangerous, shrieking lies here and there. maybe i can also buy your kid a doll, since she wanted it so much that she wanted to steal it from my child...." seungcheol looked at renjin with fake pity in his eyes. "which she didn't get at all?"

the lady sashayed away, obviously losing the arguement. "that's too mean, seungcheol-hyung!"

"but i won, didn't i?!" seungcheol says and carries jinha, who seemed sleepy. chan sighed while seungcheol smiled in victory. 

seungcheol is suddenly turned into a doll and jinha fell to the ground, immediately crying. she had awoken from her slumber which cam just recently.

what the heck, i look like a bad parent! chan panicked, looking around first if there was someone looking and of course there were some—wait, why was he looking around first? he should fix this problem before looking around! maybe seungcheol will know? but if chan touches seungcheol and he turns back into himself, lots of civilians will see!

chan carries jinha quickly, trying to soothe her so she stops crying. chan picked up the dollified seungcheol and mimi, the doll, before running to the nearest bathroom.

seungcheol turns back into himself once chan decided to use his ability. "her ability is turned on by default, like vernon. you carry her, okay?" seungcheol says and chan nods. "how about we grab something to eat for now?"

chan huffed. this was going to be a long day.