23; 𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙣

"tell the red demon to scrape my arm." minghao said in all seriousness, making junhui's jaw drop.

is this why they're in the training grounds? "what? she can't do that. she'll kill you—"

minghao scoffed, rolling his eyes after. "no shit. i know that ever since we were 12." junhui furrowed his eyebrows, still confused. "you can do it. come on."

junhui, despite unsure of minghao's objective, calls the red demon. "red demon! lock target, scra—hey, not yet!" junhui cussed, only being able to watch the demoness come after minghao. minghao calmly took out his nunchucks, setting it on fire. minghao hits the demon with his burning nunchucks once in the face, making it retreat back to junhui.

"she's scared because she didn't expect that." minghao said. "now tell her to scrape my arm."

"red demon, lock target. scrape his arm!" junhui exclaimed, so the red demon is unleashed again and she goes straight for minghao's neck. minghao hits her with his nunchucks again. "she's not listening..."

"tell her to scrape my arm."

again and again. the red demon refuses to follow junhui's orders, so she ends up battered by minghao. the last time, though, the red demon fought minghao back.

junhui was annoyed as he watched minghao and the red demon fight. undeniably, minghao is very strong, but the red demon is still a demon. it can do much more than minghao. minghao could be killed, and junhui didn't want that. minghao asked for it, though!

but junhui wanted minghao to stick around! he can't die this early!

"RED DEMON!" junhui angrily shouted, making the red demon look back at its host. minghao smirked. if only he was junhui's opponent, he would cower in fear after hearing such voice full of dominance and anger. "I SAID, SCRAPE HIS ARM!"

the red demon reluctantly drew her sword, making a vertical cut on minghao's right arm. minghao raised an eyebrow at the demon, which made her hiss at minghao. they'll probably not get along.

"see?" minghao said, wiping off blood from his arm. "you've been so afraid of using your ability when we joined seventeen. but before, you had so much confidence in yourself. bring that back and tell the red demon who's boss, okay?" minghao spat, heading towards the door.

junhui stared at him for a good ten seconds, until he realized what he needed to do. "thank you! thank you for doing that, minghao. i.. maybe i have a chance in taming her." junhui grabbed minghao's wrist, making him wince a little. junhui let go in fear that minghao might punch him for it.

"i never did anything to tame her," minghao said. "you're the one who shouted for her submission to your order."

"it was your idea, doing this and all so i could somehow take control of her!" junhui desperately answered. seems like he wants minghao to stay with him longer. "you knew i don't want you to get hurt! and that's what drove my confidence, so i shouted at red demon! it was such a good idea, that's why i look up to you so much!"

minghao froze. he knew that junhui always cared. from that back injury when they were kids, until now. minghao always shut junhui out whenever he feels down, or useless, because he thinks that it's not just his fault that he turned out that way. it's also junhui's fault for suddenly showing up and stealing everything from minghao, automatically making him nothing.

junhui should be dead by now, if minghao was at the end of his wits. but junhui's words were giving him acknowledgement, a feeling of being adored, and being cared. something that he wanted from his boss in pledis mafia, but got from junhui instead. maybe it sounded a little better coming from junhui's mouth.

"okay then, should i help you be completely in control?" minghao turned around to face junhui, while a pretty smile was displayed on his face. junhui's eyes widened, mesmerized.

"y-yeah..but wait! don't kill me, okay!"

a giggle escaped minghao's mouth. junhui was still taken aback from minghao's actions, so he wasn't able to react immediately when minghao suddenly set his pants on fire. "no promises!"

"JEONGHAN!" joshua shouts, clearly very annoyed. he raised his armed hand(he was holding a kitchen knife), while jeonghan raised both hands in surrender.

"okay, okay! but be careful around that knife, joshuji! i suggest you don't use that knife at all, that's dangerous for you—and especially most for me, huh, so joshuji—"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COOK WITHOUT A KNIFE?!" joshua yelled again, attracting attention. seungkwan sighed, jumping down from the chair on the bar to go scroll on his social media feed somewhere else.

"goodluck, jeonghan." seungkwan monotonously said before disappearing into the hallway.

"you scared seungkwannie away!" jeonghan pouts, leaning over the kitchen island, where joshua stood across him. "joshuji, calm down, okay—!"

"if you don't shut up, i'm throwing you out."

"you can't do that, you can't kick me out just because i—"

"i will really kick you out." joshua warned twice.

"geez, fine!" jeonghan stood up properly, crossing his arms over his chest. "i'm just trying to amuse you. you're such a bore."

"i'm amused just by cooking. in fact, by pissing me off, you're amusing yourself." joshua remarks. jeonghan acts like he was hurt physically by that statement. "go wait for the food somewhere else, okay? this is going to be finished soon. if i hear your flirt attempts any longer i might lose it." joshua walks to the pot, where he cooked teokbokki and kimchi jiggae.

jeonghan watched joshua. he looked really damn gorgeous as always, his figure is at its best. but—what's up with that expression? ah, maybe because he's pissed at jeonghan for rudely intruding while joshua cooked. yes, maybe that's it.

i'm not sure about that. jeonghan's face scrunches, figuring out why joshua's expression was so tired, sleepy, and— "joshuji!" jeonghan quickly ran around the kitchen island, to catch joshua.

"god, i just stumbled. let go of me, i'm fine." joshua said, still pretty grumpy. jeonghan knitted his eyebrows and stepped backwards.

"okay, but joshuji?" jeonghan lovingly called, snaking his hand to joshua's neck and forehead. joshua almost jumped in surprise, sudden skinships are not his thing. "after we eat, i'll visit your room, okay?"

joshua turned around and faced jeonghan. "room? i'd be playing computer games in the fourth floor after we eat, jeonghan."

"no!" jeonghan exclaimed, shoving his index finger on joshua's face. "you're going straight to bed, unless you want me to make your fever worse."

joshua's face was blank. "what fever? i'm running a fever?"

"yes. that's probably why you stumbled." jeonghan puckered his lips, nodding at joshua.

"don't worry, i'll take care of myself." joshua reassured, making jeonghan smile wider. jeonghan nodded and turned around.

"okay! then, come on now, let's eat! the teokbeokki's ready!" joshua watched jeonghan check what joshua's cooking himself, ignoring joshua completely.

joshua shook his head at the thought of jeonghan taking care of him. not today, feelings.

a/n: istg this has too much jihan content