14; 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙚

"hey! i got a mission!" seokmin shouts, his voice blasting on the speakers. "who wants to join?!"

seungcheol, who was loitering around chan's room, knocked. chan opens the door. when chan sees who knocked, his expression turns into a distraught one. seungcheol laughed, ruffling chan's hair playfully. "how about you join seokmin for his mission today?"

chan's eyes widen, and his lips turn into a huge grin. "yes! i want to join him!"

"get dressed then! i'll tell seokmin." seungcheol walks away, leaving chan alone. when seungcheol was out of sight, chan jumps in excitement, cheering a little.

yes! chan kept on chanting in his head, picking out good clothes. he immediately changed, really excited for his first mission. he wants to show how much he'd improved in one day and a half, and experience how it's like being in a mission. chan's heart could burst out of his chest out of excitement.

"LEE CHAAAAAAAAAAAN!" seokmin screamed like a banshee, running from the elevator to chan's door. chan opened the door immediately, meeting seokmin with a smile. "or should i say, dino? let's go!" seokmin says, showing the keys that dangled from his finger.

"o-okay, sunbaenim!" chan followed seokmin to the elevator, striding quickly to catch up.

seokmin stopped walking. sunbaenim? "hey, chan? i'm treating you a pint of ice cream later on." seokmin said, satsified with the title 'sunbaenim'. chan nods eagerly, though confused. seokmin wraps and arm around chan's shoulders, chatting with him while entering the elevator. once they were in the ground floor, seokmin stopped by the living room to speak to seungkwan.

"seungkwan, i need you." seokmin drops a navy blue adidas cap that he just bought yesterday, for seungkwan. "is that enough?"

seungkwan paused mean girls on tv, to look at the cap. nice! his favorite colour! "that's in it for me? okay." seungkwan turned to seokmin, and stared directly at him. chan observed how seungkwan's demeanor and gaze changed. "you and chan won't die today."

"okay, nice! let's go, chan! to the basement!"

"b-basement?"

"yeah!" seokmin yanked chan inside the elevator, pressing a button on the very bottom. 'B', it read. "we're riding my jeep. it's really dangerous and we could die, but it's fun."

"b-but why did you talk to seungkwan-hyung?" chan asked. seokmin laughed, hitting chan's back once. chan flinched a little, surprised at his actions. maybe he's really just friendly.

"seungkwan's ability is truth. when he uses his ability, everything that he says comes true. he can't lie, because when he lies, his lie becomes true. like, when he uses his ability and says, 'i'm going to win the lottery', he will win." seokmin answered, while chan's eyes sparkled. seokmin smiled at the prodigious younger.

"that's a cool ability! he will help so much!" chan cheered. the elevator tinged, so seokmin walked out and chan followed. once again, chan was in awe. "your.... your garage..."

"we have 17 cars and 9 motorcycles. well, seventeen, because we're called seventeen—don't know why we spent money to live up to that, but okay. and nine because we only had nine members before." seokmin turned on the lights that shone upon each car, making chan gasp in shock.

"this looks like a showroom for cars!" chan excitedly ran, examining each car. seokmin followed, laughing.

"okay, you have time to do that later, the mission can't wait." chan turned to follow seokmin again. seokmin slowed down so chan can catch up. "it's a usual street fight, but an urgent report just said that a person with an ability intervened. it's gonna be nasty if we don't stop it." chan nods. seokmin smiled, before facing his car. chan stared at it in awe again.

it was a matte black jeep, wheels huge, while the word 'jeep' on the bumper of the car was shining in silver, contrasting to the all black agenda. "okay, get in!"

"come on, chan! it wasn't that bad! it's not technically unsafe, if i may add." seokmin draped an arm around chan, who was nauseous because of the dangerous ride. "okay, i see the police. the fight must be—" seokmin was cut off when an explosion nearby took attention.

chan immediately runs to the site, where police backed away from. there were dozens of men fighting, and there was one ability user making explosions using his palms. "dk-hyung, look!"

"kid, back away!" a random policeman shouts. seokmin shows his id to the said policeman, backing up chan.

"my katanas won't work through those explosions, dino. you have to handle the ability user." seokmin said, summoning two katanas. "but i can do something about the other guys." seokmin laughs cynically, throwing two of his katanas to the battleground.

the katanas ended up pinning two guys to the wall by their shirts. the katanas were precisely aimed to hit only the shirts of the men, not their flesh. their feet were hanging at a height that could hurt you when you jump from there—making chan question seokmin. how is he this good? is he a marksman or something?

seokmin realizes that it worked, so he summons two katanas again and repeats his actions. he speeds up, his laugh getting louder as he did.

while seokmin was in action, chan was formulating a plan. he does, so easily (maybe because in seungcheol's training, chan always makes a plan in a rush before seungcheol attacks). "dk-hyung! lend me two, please!" seokmin glanced at chan, before throwing him two katanas. chan barely caught it.

"be careful with that, kid!"

"i will be!" chan said, before jumping. seokmin spared chan a glance—to which he almost got completely distracted. seokmin quickly turned back to pinning the normal guys to the wall.

"what the heck, dino?! were you a volleyball player or something?! that jump was like—3 feet!" seokmin exclaimed. chan gave a groan in response. chan was busy trying not to fall from the wall. chan was holding on to one katana stuck on the wall as support, and his grip was really bad so he needed to jump now. when the explosions cleared out a little, chan bends his knees to get momentum before he jumped to the said ability user.

the ability user was pinned down to the ground, feeling languished at chan's touch. chan, however, safely landed on one knee while holding a katana against the ability user. chan realizes that seokmin finished towing the normal guys away. "h-hey! i'm not a bad guy!" the ability user said, trying to get chan's heavy hand on his chest.

"what were you doing just now?" chan asked, while seokmin approached.

"i-i'm not trying to do anything bad! i'm—i—" the boy stuttered, nearing to tears. "that street gang was picking on him!" he points to another boy, standing with the police. he was grasping his backpack straps in fear.

"still, you shouldn't have used your ability. you can turn from a hero to a murderer real quick, using your explosions." seokmin replied, while chan got off him. he timidly stood up, facing chan and seokmin. "what's your name, kid? are you still in school?"

"i'm kim taehyung, i'm a third year. jungkook was being bullied so i helped," he answered. "i'm sorry for almost causing a casualty."

seokmin patted taehyung's shoulder. "it's okay. say, when you graduate, you can be in ability-user forces! use your ability for a good cause, won't 'cha?"

chan was eating his pint of ice cream while seokmin speedily drove through the highways. "chan, you didn't faint."

chan stops eating, and then he realizes. his eyes widen, to which seokmin giggled at. cute! "i didn't!"

"good job, you were thinking fast back there." seokmin said, driving into the ramp located at the back of seventeen's base that led to the basement. "let's go! time to make a report!"

seungcheol-hyung gave me so much help. chan thought, jumping out of the truck. chan safely guarded his pint of ice cream while he walked behind seokmin. he cared so much about my improvements.

chan smiled, walking in the elevator. he reminds himself to thank seungcheol later.