53; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞)

K W O N   S O O N Y O U N G

"hey, i'm not that drunk. don't try any sort of flirting on me because it won't work." jihoon hung his head again, while i laugh. i was telling the truth, though! "anyway, i said what i said."

"good." i say, shifting my position on the beach chair—but i stop, and wince. i quickly use my ability to make my left hand numb. "okay, fuck, do you have a band aid with you? i kind of scraped my finger and now it's bleeding," i show my glorious finger to jihoon, who waves it off.

"that's just a small cut. get over it." said jihoon. "you can control your brain though. tell it to turn off your sensitivity or something."

what am i, a cellphone? turn off my sensitivity? does jihoon know nothing about the human anatomy? i get that the brain is a complex topic, and it's hard to figure out—oh. he didn't go to high school after all.

but his remarks are so witty, i literally forget that he didn't go to high school!

"you're right. but, you used the wrong term." i crossed my arms at jihoon. i watch him chug the last few gulps of champagne left in the bottle. "i know more stuff about the brain—but whatever, i don't want to talk about that. it's boring."

"correct." jihoon agreed, and we both laugh. we were probably being too noisy now. "i remember, you were a dancer?"

"yep. an extremely normal dancer. don't get your dirty side kick in, alright, shrimpy?" i reach over to flick his forehead, but he controlled my hand already so i was not able to flick him. i sit back down in my seat, disappointed. "my team wasn't able to pick up with my pace, so i controlled them while we were on stage. and they didn't know." i chortled at the thought.

jihoon crossed his arms on top of his chest, looking unimpressed. "show me a dance routine then." he said, sounding like abby from that show dance moms.

"who would want to see a random guy dance to hiphop at a very serene time in the night?" i say. not that i didn't want to dance, i was just kinda nervous about what jihoon will say about my routine. he's a meticulous person if he wants to be.

he raised his eyebrows at me, and i sighed, a sign of giving up. what would best impress him? maybe a sexy one? nah, he'll think i'm an adult worker. cute concept? i won't be able to show my c o o l dancing skills to jihoon if i choose that, right? hiphop?

i sigh. hiphop it is then. "okay, play the music on my cue." i give jihoon my phone, and i go to my place. jihoon looks at me for a mere second, before he played the music.

honestly, i have no idea what i'm doing. i'm just freestyling. would jihoon like it even if it's freestyle, though? it looks messy.

"okay, that's enough." jihoon stopped the music after the chorus, to which i cocked my head to. "you're good at dancing, i give you that."

fuck. my heart. i sigh in content, for i thought that jihoon stopped the music because he thought i was bad at dancing. "how about you? any hidden talents?"

"i can't dance like you." he replies, brushing his hair back. i feel so amazed at that sight, i don't know why. "but i can sing. maybe one chorus for you."

and then, without any warning, he sang. i wasn't familiar with the song, but i can tell you that his voice is akin to an angel's. it's very soft, and it's calming. his face, it also tells me that he's pouring his emotions into the song. too bad it lasted only for about ten seconds, since he promised me only one chorus.

"you can sing, shrimpy!" i said. i stood in front of him and ruffled his hair, which he hated. i laughed at his suffering.

one second, i was the one laughing, second, he was the one laughing. he pushed me into the pool. "shrimpy, you got my suit wet! it's going to be goddamn cold when i—"

i got cut off when jihoon jumped to the pool himself, and used his ability to make a wave. this was the day that i realized that he can control earthly elements. "touch me again, bitch, i'm going to kill you."

"i can make you numb so you don't feel—" that was sounded like it was dirty, but i doubt that i meant it that way. did i mean it that way? anyway, jihoon stopped me from finishing my sentence using the wave that he made, and i drowned. but i tricked my own mind that i needed no oxygen. i love my ability.

"yeah, sure." jihoon laughed at my demise. meanie! "you okay though? if you die, you're no fun."

"how could you even think about that if someone dies?!" i turn off my mind controlling ability when i was in the surface. i walk closer to jihoon, and made a little splash to tease him. "you're mean, jihoon. really really mean." i said, crossing my arms and turning around playfully.

jihoon laughed, and placed his hands on my shoulders to turn me around. when i turn around and face him, we both laugh endlessly.

i don't know why we're laughing, or why we're happy. i'm glad i could see jihoon smile like this, though. his beautiful laugh echoing in my ears, both of us standing under the same starry night sky, and also—in the pool. the last detail wasn't very necessary but whatever.

and then suddenly, he just stops laughing. of course i do, too.

both of our gazes are on each other. his hands were on my shoulders, and my hands snake up to cup his face. we were in a very weird position right now, but i understand very well what's happening.

i like jihoon very, very, very much. "jihoon, is it okay?" i ask, voice soft as to not scare him away.

"to kiss me?" jihoon raised an eyebrow, making me blush. i wasn't the type of person who'd blush easily after careless flirty comments, so i got surprised myself when i felt heat on my cheeks. "yes."

one word, and i lean in.

the kiss was just a peck, if i tell you truthfully. a lengthy peck. it wasn't a kiss that leads to the act of coitus, but it wasn't a kiss between friends either. it was a romantic kiss that confirmed our feelings for each other.

when we pulled away, he was the first one to speak. "soonyoung, fuck you." and then his hands fall back to his sides. "i like you."

"well, fuck me too." i give him a little smile. "i like you as well, shrimpy."

a/n: OK FRICKXKSKSSHSHSHWJSJSJD SOONHOON

btw, act of coitus means sex!