40; 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 (𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎)

5 years ago

H O N G   J I S O O

what can a man do in a very unfortunate situation? fight, or flight? if a man picks fight, would you fight physically, or verbally? if a man picks flight, where would he go and how is he sure that the authorities won't find him?

for me, flight is the best option, since i can do something about the authorities searching for me. i'm untraceable, and that's my best asset.

"damn!" i look back upstairs to see the police running after me, gumi blending in with them. i run faster down the emergency exit stairs, feeling quite drowned because gumi shot me as soon as the police came so i can't run. but look at me now, i'm alive and running.

gumi is a criminal herself, what would happen if i expose her to the police she sides with? she would be devastated and sent to jail, but if i stop to talk to the police i'd get sent to jail too.

i always thought she sided with me no matter what.

but, let's set that aside for now. i need to figure out what i can do to hide in the basement of the mall. "i don't have my car, what do i—" i mutter to myself, and then cutting it off when i see a car wherein one person was inside, playing games on his phone. that car would have a high chance of being unlocked.

i smile, walking over to the red car, knocking on the window of the passenger seat. the person inside looks at me, and then i proceed to enter the car without permission. as deducted, it was unlocked.

"hey, you're bleeding all over my seat!" he exclaimed, shoving his phone down his pocket. i smile at him and gave him a little bow, before i got distracted. the police and gumi had arrived in the basement.

"i'm sorry to inconvenience you, sir."

time to use my ability!

the other man in the car was confused at everything. he probably can't see me now. nobody can see me now, actually, my illusion is turned on.

my binary illusion ability is made of zeroes and ones, created in different shapes and sizes to come off as a beguiling image. of course, that's why i call it binary. it's almost like a very advanced technology, but it's all from me. i don't know why i can do this, but i don't want to dig my history, that's boring.

additionally, i can make permanent illusions which cannot be destroyed, and i have no control over anymore. in contrast to that, i can make temporary illusions that fade away when hit, or when i tell it to do so. though, those permanent illusions require a little bit of time to create.

"sir, have you seen a man around here who looks like this?" gumi knocks on the window and the man who was beside me rolled down the window. i was scared, the police behind her was looking directly at me, but i casted an illusion so they really can't see me. confusing.

the man pretends to look at my picture while pondering. "hmm, not really. what was he wearing?"

"red stripes polo shirt, blood all over one arm." gumi explained impatiently. the man shook his head. "okay, have a nice day sir."

the man turned to me, while waiting for gumi and the police to run away. i remove my illusion once they're gone. "you have an ability, right?"

"yes. i can make illusions." i smile at him, revealing one of my most hidden information about myself. but, he's seen it already, what's there to hide?

"i'm choi seungcheol," he flashed me a gummy smile, offering his hand which i took and shook. "my ability is phasing." he added.

"hong jisoo." a little sooner, the feeling of seungcheol's hand just vanished; though i can clearly see that it's still there. i try to grasp it, but to no avail, i make a conclusion. "that's your ability. like a ghost, but like, not transparent or dead."

"right!" he smiled again. "do you want me to help you?"

all of a sudden, he asks that. what did he mean? help me escape from the police, help me from... ah! silly me. "i can manage just fine with my arm. i'll be leaving now, seungcheol, sorry for soiling your seat!"

he grabs my wrist before i can even open the door. kdrama fan much? "yes, seungcheol-ssi?"

"i.. i'm kind of a detective, and i've been offered to lead seoul's supernatural armed division. like the police but for the society of people with abilities. if you help me build the division—please, please join because i'm being bossed around in my current job and i don't like it—whatever you're running from will be removed off your burdens!" seungcheol exclaimed, slowly letting go of my wrist.

i don't know if he's trying to con me, because if he is, it's not going to work. i was about to ask for proof, when he took out his wallet and showed me his id, and a folded piece of paper which offered him startup money and some employees if he decides to start the supernatural division. "seungcheol-ssi, they're offering employees for you, why are you picking me?"

"i don't know, i feel like being in a supernatural division will get you in many troubles and danger, having normal people be involved will just get them killed, probably. i want people with abilities to help me build it, so i don't have to protect them always, because they can protect themselves."

"all i do with my ability is hide, seungcheol-ssi." i said. it's a good offer, but how can i help him? i'm bad at fighting and police work. i may be good at making reports and new technology for his team (yet to be built), but so far, that's all i can do for him.

"and that makes you perfect!" he clapped once, making me blink. "please please please! you look like a criminal and criminals are really good members when they turn to the good side!"

now, that just sounded like he was desparate. but, if he can get gumi and the police off my back, then, "okay. but i'm still in university, seungcheol-ssi. i might be busy."

"nice!"

"but wait." i said, fishing out my phone. i was going to leave gumi a voicemail. seungcheol watched me curiously.

"hello bubblegum, i'm breaking up with you. lots of love, hong jisoo. fuck you, by the way." i say, before bending the phone in half. "okay, seungcheol, can you get me to a hospital real quick? i promise i won't run from you, it's just that—"

"WOAH, THAT WAS COOL, JISOO!" seungcheol exclaimed, punching the car horn multiple times.

a/n: these first person povs are limited to three seventeen members: one from the ex mafia members(seungkwan), one from the senior seventeen members(joshua), and one from the orphans(wonwoo)! if you enjoyed these first person chapters though, i might make more! just comment whose point of view yall wanna see!