51; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐬)

a/n: this one is in soonyoung's pov, as requested!

K W O N   S O O N Y O U N G

here we all are, wearing our best suits for an event we never wanted to use it for. everyone looked so posh and fancy, but our faces were either sad or emotionless.

everything in our minds right now consists of three things: jinha, this funeral, and the attack 3 days ago. all of which were devastating. anyone can't blame anyone but themselves.

which, i didn't like. i won't have seventeen blaming each other for anything, nor seventeen blaming themselves for everything.

"soonyoung," jihoon said, while the priest in front spoke. "i think you're never going to fill me with happiness."

i stare at jihoon wide-eyed. "heck no! there's a rainbow after the rain, shrimpy." i say, and he replies no more. hey, this might be really bad for everyone, but we'd be happy sometime soon, too!

maybe it's not time for positivity. we're in a funeral, after all.

"......kim mingyu." i jolt, when i hear mingyu's name. it brought flashbacks.

it was haunting, seeing mingyu back away and draw himself from the fight that day, once he saw the consequences of playing with fire. he just gave up. and it's saddening.

mingyu stands up from his chair and walks to the front, about to deliver his eulogy. his form, his face, his expression, his voice—he embodied sorrow.

not that we cared, though. all of the attendees—consisting of seventeen and mingyu's immediate family members—were sad. plus, talking about a sensitive topic in front of other people is hard. i wonder how heavy mingyu must feel right now.

mingyu clears his throat. "kim minhye is my sister. we became orphans when i was 8, since our parents were killed in supernatural work. we'd been adopted by our family members, but of course, our bond was the strongest. we grew up together, we cried together, laughed together and even fought together."

damn it. this is awful.

"losing her in supernatural work as well hurted me. i knew she was strong, i knew she could protect herself and i saw it with my very own eyes—she fought hard when she was about to face death," mingyu fumbles with his hand, as he talked. "i'm not alone in this world, but losing one of the people i hold near to my heart feels like i'm getting killed slowly.

"and heck, could i even start about how much i loved her? how much i wanted to say sorry, for not being able to protect her?"

i tune out. it hurted me too much. i was there when kim minhye died. listening to this just hurts my heart more, though i've never really known her.

the day after the attack, i realized how well pledis mafia planned this out. minghao went to meet them and negotiate about jinha, they knew some of us would follow. that lessens the work they'd have to do when they attack our base, but they brought about fifty guards with four ability users to pressure seungkwan. thus, seungkwan wasn't able to assure our victory.

for the seventeen members who went to the warehouse, they won over some pledis members, but not over the president. so, the president, knowing that he's at a disadvantage, gives up jinha—but he shot her to mess up with the seventeen members.