The light In the Tunnel

Scott woke up and stretched as he seen Alexa was still asleep. He leaned over and kissed her cheek lightly as he got out of bed and turned the shower on.  Scott stood in the shower and letting the water run down his face as he was not ready for the day that was ahead of him. 

After about an hour Scott walked out of the shower and then picked up his phone to call Hunter. He quietly leaves the room so that he won't wake Alexa. He looks through his contacts and calls Hunter. 

Hunter: Good Morning. How can I help you champ? 

Scott: Good Morning Hunter! *Choking up* I-I'm Call-ling bec-cause I have some bad n-news. I-I'm going to need a c-couple weeks off. 

Hunter: Scott what's going on? You know you can talk to me about anything. 

Scott: sobbing* After W-We left the A-arena, I got a call from my dad and found out they were in an a-accident. All of them are ok but my...my 

Hunter: Ok Scott, Relax and tell me what your trying to say. 

Scott: *Taking a deep breath*My...My mom was the only one that didn't survive the crash.

Hunter:  OH! I am so Sorry for your loss. You take as much time as you need and I will let everyone else know. Everyone here has your back and if you need any and I mean anything, don't hesitate to call. 

Scott:  Thank you Hunter. You don't know how much that means. 

As Scott is talking in the hallway with Hunter, Alexa has now woken up and can hear Scott talking on the phone. She grabs her phone from the nightstand and texts Stephanie.

Alexa: Hey Stephanie. Can I have some time off?

  Stephanie: Is everything ok? 

Alexa: To be honest, it's not. I am here with Scott. He lost his mother last night in a car accident after they left the show last night. I don't want to leave him alone. 

Stephanie: Oh! I'm sorry to hear. You can take as long as you can. Make sure you are by his side in his dark time and keep us updated. I'm just a text away for anything. 

Alexa: Thank you Steph. You'r the best. 

Steph: Anytime. 

Alexa put her phone back on the nightstand and grabs some clothes from her bag before heading into shower. Scott heard the shower so he hung up the phone with Hunter before going back into the room and sitting on the bed. After an hour Alexa came out of the bathroom and seen Scott sitting on the bed looking at the United States Championship. She walks over to sit next to him and she rubs his back lightly. 

Scott: Why did I have to give them those tickets? If I wouldn't have gave those to her then she would still be here. 

Alexa: Scott you can't think like that. You seen her face when she got to watch you living you dream. She was so proud of you. 

Scott: How can I not think like that? If they watched the show from home then she would be here and I wouldn't have to lay her to rest. This is all my fault. 

Alexa: *Hugs Scott as tears are forming* It's not your fault. She would not want you to be doing this to yourself. 

Scott: *Starts to cry while hugging Alexa* I'm glad that your here. Hunter gave me off as much time as I need. 

Alexa: I over heard you so I figured you called Hunter. I sent Steph and text and she allowed me time to be here with you. 

Scott: Lexi I can't ask you to do that. They need you. You are one of their biggest stars.