» 16

"Mother , please , I don't want to go !"

"Sweetheart , you have to go , we need to settle some work with the royal vampires . Besides , the prince requested to see you." The queen explained to the younger one .

Dread filled her eyes , unwanting to visit the vampires .

She was petrified by them , she didn't want to step anywhere near them , she wanted to avoid them as much as she can .

Vampires had always been said to be the villains of the earth , killing humans with no mercy .

She hated them ... hate is a strong word , but she loved her village and wanted to protect whatever that is attacking them .

Knowing that the vampires had been tormenting the villagers whom she loved dearly , sparked the little bit of hatred she had in her .

She was known to love many , care about many . It was a rare sight to see her hate someone or a kind of creature to be specific .

But , the hatred was from that protective feeling in her mind , she wanted to protect her village , she wanted to protect her people . Being the princess , the next queen , she thought that was the right step .

She sighed , facing the reality , dragging her feet towards her closet which had her clothes and everything she needed for the dinner .

She dressed up in a dress , it was well , of course fancy , the dress shouting out elegance yet it wasn't too elegant . Still having a bit of casualty .

She looked indeed beautiful in the dress , her hair slightly curled at the ends .

"You look beautiful, princess." The butler said , smiling at his best friend .

"Oh well, good to know I'll die pretty." Chuckled lightly , she joked ,.. or was it ?

"Don't say that , princess.." a small spark of sadness could be seen in his eyes .

Slightly watering as he looked at his best friend . She would always casually joke about death , but he could sense that she was genuinely upset .

Her eyes said it all , it screamed for help , it screamed for a way to get out of her life , the path with had chosen her .

She didn't want to carry on living her life , but it was her life for her to lead , she couldn't just abandon it .

"Princess..please... im sorry I can't do anything , I really am , I feel so useless . What type of friend am i if I can't do anything to help you ?" He spoke , head hung low as if there was a thousand of bricks on his shoulders .

Heavy heart , rapid thoughts , he didn't know what he could do to help her , he was in no place to protect her .

:( nana