• 42

"am i gonna get eaten ?" yurim asked , fiddling with the vampire's finger as her head laid comfortably on his chest

"am i gonna get eaten ?" yurim asked , fiddling with the vampire's finger as her head laid comfortably on his chest .

"i don't know , princess ." donghyuck spoke out truthfully, his voiced trailed into a deeper tone .

"but i won't let him lay a finger on you ." donghyuck continued , placing a kiss on her ear , the tip of his tongue swirling around her earlobe .

"ah hyuck !" she rubbed her ear , distancing herself from him .

"why are you distancing yourself from me ?" donghyuck sulked , bringing yurim back near to him by a hook on her waist .

her eyes flickered to the ancient looking grandpa clock placed in the corner of the room , the brown wood with plenty of different tones and textures sat elegantly in silence .

the little sounding of tick-tock coming of the clock as the minute hand ticked its way around .

"i have to go ." yurim took noticed of the clock , the hour hand slanting down , indicating the evening .

donghyuck were hesitant to allowing her to leave , he wanted her to stay the night but knowing how dangerous it was to have her in the vampire's place was , he had to let go .

; +

the dark skies shadowed the skies , nightfall dawned upon the city of Lustiana .

the sky was black tranquility married to a poetry of stars. It was the softness that called body and brain to rest and let the heart go to its steady rhythm. night came as a reward of sorts, a restfulness above to calm the soul.

the gloomy dark skies bringing the princess a ripple of exhaustion. feeling worn out and drowsy from the eventful day , after completing her night missions - her night routine , she headed to bed .

the promising comfort of the soft sheets also known to be her best friend , a place she'd lay on . the bed - a human's best friend .

upon laying on the bed, slumber swelled over her . her head became empty as she slowly sunk into deep slumber , entering the world of dreams where everything would be possible .

though she didn't remember most of her dreams , she'd remember vividly every single nightmare she ever had .

therefore , the same familiar nightmare came by . she thought she was promised to have a nice dream yet things weren't going her way .

eyes snapped open, yurim was covered in a cold sweat, shaking, heart pounding, looking around the room suspicious and paranoid that the horror may have followed her here, she got up cautiously, shivering . rubbing her head , blinking her eyes rapidly , attempting to be fully awake .

she dreamt of the same demonic voice , the agony screams of hers ringing in her head . swirling her thoughts in a never ending whirlwind.

rubbing her temples in circular motions , stabilising her breathing as she recalled her terrifying dream that had been haunting her since her 18th birthday .

it was the same very dream , the dream of her flesh being ripped out of her .

her being eaten alive by him... the vampire king .

is she gonna be eaten though ? 🤷‍♀️