» 23

"mother !" the princess shouted from the floor above , rushing down the stairs

"mother !" the princess shouted from the floor above , rushing down the stairs .

her mother who was sipping her morning tea , seated peacefully on the sofa , looked up at her daughter .

"careful , now what's so urgent ?" she asked as her daughter stood in front of her , panting from the unusual way of greeting her mother .

"prince donghyuck. How ? How does he have the power to not be affected by our gleaming shield ?" the sudden question caught her mother off guard .

"why so sudden ?"

"j-just answer." she replied , sitting down on the loveseat . The queen sighed , knowing there was no way out of this being that her daughter was extremely stubborn and wouldn't let it slip .

"well , you see , we've never seen anything like this , no one with the vampire blood ever had this power- the power of not being affected by our protection shield but he , lee donghyuck , was the first . He was the first and only one who is able to not be affected . We believe that both you and the prince both have a special ability and his is immunity , we've studied that he had gotten that as the goddess of the sun had chosen him as the special one to receive that immunity . As for you , I'll tell you that some other time ." Her mother explained all she knew apart from some things she wanted to hide from her daughter .

"Why can't I know now ? Does that mean I have a special ability too ?" she looked at her mother with eyes of queries .

"Yes , honey you do have a special ability but.. it's not time yet ." she spoke , making her daughter even more curious being that curiosity was one of her biggest traits .

"What do you mean 'not the time yet' ?" her face turned into a frown , a frown of disbelief .

I mean , if it's her special ability , she deserved to know , right ?

"Daughter , it's too dangerous for you to know now . You'll eventually know about it." with that , the queen walked away , leaving the princess dumbfounded .

»

"what does she mean by its too dangerous for me to know ?" the princess spoke to herself , lying down on the soft comforting surface of her bed .

Tossing and turning around in frustration , trying to figure things out but her brain of little knowledge about magic couldn't figure anything out .

Well , humans are known to be magic less , they were non magical creatures , thus they didn't have to know or learn about magic .

But she was the chosen one, she was the special one , she was the only human that had a special ability .

The curiosity inside of her eating her up , just wanting to know what her mother had meant .

🤷‍♀️