THREE

After school, when Sophie was waiting for Edaline to pick her up, Sophie got a text from Tam—which was a little shocking.

Sophie looked over at Tam from where he was walking to his motorcycle before reading the text: I'm worried about Linh. She's been super protective over Wylie since he left for College. It's super weird.

Sophie read over the text a couple of times before responding with: What if she likes him!?

And all Tam sent back was an eye-roll and barfing emoji.

Sophie laughed before she spotted Edaline and walked to the car. Her theater friends would be arriving around four o'clock, so she had time to change and cleanup the house a little bit.

As they drove, Sophie carried on her conversation with Tam. They talked about why it was bad that Linh might have a crush, and why Tam had decided to tell Sophie the information.

Both of his answers were pretty vague, so Sophie decided to end the conversation there and agree to talk to him about it later.

When they got home, Sophie spent twenty-five minutes cleaning the house, and then she got dressed in some sweatpants and a hoodie.

Sophie jumped on her bed and got on her phone. She was about to text her friends and say that they could start coming over, but there was a knock on her door.

"Come in," Sophie said, putting down her phone.

Grady came in with a on smile his face. "Hey kiddo,"

"Hey," Sophie grinned at her dad. "What's up?"

"I just got a text from one of your friends," He told her, looking slightly confused. "They said that they're here,"

Sophie blinked. She never remembered giving any of her friends her dad's phone number, but she still nodded and made her way downstairs. When she walked outside, she saw Keefe sitting at the bottom of her houses porch steps.

"How on earth did you get Grady's phone-number?" She asked, sitting down next to him.

Keefe smirked. "The same way your mom got my number last year,"

Sophie laughed. "I totally forgot about that—but all Edaline told me was that she had her ways,"

"Well," Keefe said. "I have my ways,"

Sophie rolled her eyes, but she still had a smile on her face. "So..." She tried to think of something interesting to talk about. "When is the first football game?"

Keefe grinned. "It's in a couple of weeks—do you wanna go?"

"I might," Sophie said, nodding. "It depends on if I'm busy or not,"

Keefe nodded. "Well, if you're there, we'll win for sure,"

Sophie laughed as she shook her head. "You think what you want to—but I have no luck whatsoever,"

"You met all of us," Keefe said, nudging her. "You got pretty lucky when we all agreed to be friends,"

Sophie shrugged. "That's not luck, that's destiny,"

"Pfft!" Keefe exclaimed as he nudged her again. "Foster, you're probably the only person that doesn't think you're lucky. You need to start having higher self-esteem."

Thankfully, Sophie didn't get to respond to that because Tam and Linh pulled up on Tam's motorcycle. They all talked for a little bit before Jensi came, and then they made their way up to Sophie's room.