EIGHTEEN

Sophie had gotten back home from her trip with the Dizznee's yesterday, and now she was getting ready for the big Vacker-Thanksgiving-Picnic.

Biana had informed Sophie for the millionth time that Fitz wasn't going to be there in the beginning, but he'd be coming home late. So Sophie had convinced her parents that they should get there early, finish eating and talking, and then leave right after.

Biana had also informed her that Keefe would be there—and that was a small problem.

Sophie didn't know why, but she wasn't ready to talk to either of the boys yet. She woke up that morning ready to go over to Keefe's house and talk to him, but she wimped out at the last minute.

So hopefully Keefe would try his hardest to stay away from Sophie too.

"Sophie! We're leaving in five minutes!" Edaline called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes ma'am!" Sophie called back, running into the bathroom to pull her hair into a cute/messy bun. She quickly brushed her teeth and then looked at herself in her full-body mirror that she'd gotten for her birthday last year.

She wore a red, turtle-neck sweater with denim jeans, and a pair of boots. She'd also put a little bit of make-up on because Biana had mentioned that they were going to be taking lots of pictures.

"I'm coming!" Sophie yelled before grabbing her phone and heading downstairs.

She came downstairs to find that Grady and Edaline were already at the front door. Grady wore a sweater with tons of little turkey's on it, and Edaline was wearing a yellow, long-sleeved dress with ankle boots.

The three of them walked out of the house, but both Grady and Edaline stopped when they got a few feet from the car.

"Why did you guys stop?" She asked from behind them. It didn't look like anything was wrong, and they both had smiles on their faces.

"Sophie," Grady said, looking back at her. "Edaline and I decided that since your birthday is coming up, we're going to let you drive to the Vacker's house."

Sophie had to blink a couple of times before saying, "What?"

It wasn't like she couldn't drive—she'd gotten her learners permit during the summer, after all—but her parents had never wanted her to drive because they thought she'd do terribly.

"Yep," Grady said with a grin. "Hop in the driver's seat, kiddo."

Sophie looked over at Edaline to see if Grady was actually being serious about this, and when she did, Edaline smiled and said, "You heard him,"

Sophie had to take a deep and calming breath before grabbing the keys from Grady and getting in the driver's seat. Edaline sat beside her, and Grady sat in Sophie's usual seat.

Sophie let out a breath before putting the key in the ignition and turning it. She then put her seat-belt on before putting the clutch pedal down and moving the gear-stick to first gear. She then put her foot down on the accelerator and slowly lifted her other food off the clutch. When the car started to vibrate, Sophie removed the handle-brake, and soon she was driving down the road.

"You're doing great," Grady said. "But you need—"

"Stop being a back-seat driver, Grady!" Sophie told him. She was already stressed-out because she felt like she was going to crash into the air.

Edaline burst into laughter and Grady mumbled something about teenagers.

Within a few more minutes, they were at the Vacker's house and Sophie parked the car next to another car that was already there.