FIVE

Sophie's sickness, scabs, and scars were gone, thankfully, by time the first football game of the season rolled around.

"Who's ready to get hyped!?" Keefe exclaimed to the class in study hall that day. "Because I totally am!"

"Mr. Sencen!" Mrs. Clarette shouted, glaring at Keefe. "If you do not start doing your work, I will find a way to kick you off the football team,"

For once, Keefe's face got red with embarrassment and he glued his eyes onto his homework and started to do it.

"Why don't we all go out to eat after the game?" Biana whispered with a smile. "If we win, it'll be like a victory dinner. If we lose, it'll be like we're eating our sorrow."

Sophie couldn't help but smile at that. "We're all going, right?" She asked.

Sophie knew that she'd pretty much be in the stands all by herself because Dex, Tam, and Linh were a part of the band, Keefe and Fitz were literally the entertainment, Maruca and Biana were cheerleaders, and Marella's parents wouldn't let her go.

But she'd mostly aimed that question at Jensi.

"Yep," He said with a grin. "Though, I'll probably be confused the whole time—I know nothing about football,"

"Me neither," Sophie said with a laugh. "So we can be clueless together."

After a few more minute of working, the bell rang and every exited the class. Sophie and Fitz talked for a few minutes before Sophie spotted Edaline's car and rode home.

Sophie ran up to her room and changed into a pair of shorts and a Foxfire t-shirt she'd gotten earlier that week. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and slipped on some sandals.

Then, she got a text from the group chat—confirming that they were all meeting up after the game and getting something to eat. Then Tam offered to pay—so they were all set.

The game didn't start until six-thirty, so Sophie had loads of time to waste. But, the thing was...

She didn't have anything to do with that time.

She'd usually go over to her window and bug Keefe, but Keefe was already at the football field. The next thing would be to text one of her friends—but they were already at the field too.

Sophie just scrolled through her phone for what felt like hours before she got bored once again. She then realized—because of all the drama in the past year—she hadn't come up with any hobbies for herself.

In that moment, Sophie was extremely disappointed with how lame she was.

And that caused Sophie to go around her house, trying to find something productively interesting to do.

"Edaline!" Sophie called as she ran down the stairs and into the living room. "I need a hobby!"

Edaline looked confused. "What?"

Sophie sighed as she sat beside her mom on the couch. "I realized that I never do anything with my free-time. I need a hobby,"

Edaline thought for a second. "Well, I'm sure there're are tons of things in the basement that you could check out,"

Sophie blinked. "The basement?"

Last time Sophie had gone into the basement was last month, and she'd promised never to back in because last time something had chased her for five whole minutes.