THIRTY-TWO

"I'm literally terrified," Sophie told Biana as they met in the bathroom in the morning at school.

"You're being dramatic," Biana said as she touched up her eyelashes. "What's the worst that could happen?"

Sophie blinked at her poor, clueless friend. "Do you know what just came out of your mouth?" Sophie asked. "It's April Fool's day, and Keefe is the master of this holiday."

"You've never been pranked by Keefe on April Fool's day," Biana pointed out, "Because last year you were sick."

"Okay," Sophie said, rolling her eyes. "But according to you, Fitz, Wylie, Maruca, and Keefe himself—he does some pretty good pranks on this day."

Biana shrugged. "Honestly, what's the worst that'll happen? You get pranked by Keefe and everyone laughs at you—it's not a big deal."

Sophie blinked at Biana again. "Who are you and what have you done with Biana Vacker?"

Biana let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine—but you and Tam are the only ones who know this, but I've already planted tons of pranks to get Keefe back today—so you don't have to worry."

"Okay..." Sophie said, a little shocked. "When'd you have time to do this?"

Biana smiled. "Tam and I snuck into the school last night and set it all up."

Sophie blinked for the third time. "Okay, now I'm being serious: Who are you and what have you done with my friend?"

Biana laughed before dragging Sophie out of the bathroom. "Come on, we're going to miss it!"

The day had been spent with Keefe running into traps and pranks Biana and Tam had set-up all over the school, and by the time they were in study hall, Keefe looked exhausted.

"You guys would not believe—" Keefe was cut off when he sat down in his chair and a loud farting noise echoed through the classroom.

Everyone in the class laughed—including Sophie and the rest of her friends—and Mrs. Clarette stared at Keefe with anger.

"Mr. Sencen," She started. "Please do the class a favor and control your bodily functions."

"But I—" He started, his face turning red, but Mrs. Clarette cut him off.

"Not another word,"

Keefe rolled his eyes as he shifted in his seat and pulled out a flattened whoopee-cushion from under him. "Who did this?" He stared intently at their group. "Because I know it was one of you,"

Their whole group stayed as silent as they could—with a few giggles escaping their lips—until it was time to go.

Sophie walked out the door to wait for Edaline, but Keefe followed her outside.

"What's up?" She asked him as he stood next to her.

"Did you put the whoopee-cushion in my seat?" He asked, turning to face her.

Sophie shook her head as a grin spread across her face. "No, I didn't—but I know who did."

"Who?"

She shook her head again. "Nope—I can't tell you,"

Keefe sighed. "Fine—but I will find out," He started to walk away, but then he stopped and turned back around. "Oh, I forgot to give this to you," He pulled a small box out of his pocket and put it in her hand. "It's for when you get your car,"