SIXTEEN

(And no; if you're confused: Sophie did not have that window-sleepover-party with Keefe) 

Sophie woke up in her bed the next morning with a loud yawn. She'd set a timer to wake up at six o'clock, but she'd woken up five minutes before her alarm went off.

She slid out of bed and made her way to her closet. She changed into a sunflower yellow, knitted sweater and some jeans and a pair of boots.

Sophie hadn't taken a shower the night before, so she pulled her hair into a tight French-braid before brushing her teeth and heading downstairs.

On the counter was a note in Edaline's handwriting that read:

We hope you have a wonderful time at Six Flags and we can't wait for you to come back home! There's a Yogurt Parfait in the fridge for your breakfast. Love you!
XOXO!
~Grady and Edaline

Sophie opened the fridge to see the Yogurt Parfait. She ate it in a few minutes before she raced back upstairs and grabbed both her phone and her suitcase.

She waited in the living room, watching TV, for ten minutes before there was a soft knock at the front door—and only a second later she got a text from Dex saying that they were there.

Sophie got up from her seat, suitcase in her hand, and made her way to the front door. She opened it to find Juline and Dex there.

"Where's everyone else?" She asked as she shut the door behind her, looking around for Kesler and the triplets.

"In the car," Juline said, pointing her thumb to a silver SUV suburban. "And don't worry," She said, smiling at Sophie as they walked closer to the car. "You and Dex get the back seat all to yourselves—you don't have to worry about the triplets."

Sophie smiled as her face turned a little pink. She had been a little worried that the triplets would drive her and Dex crazy the whole way to Six Flags.

The three of them got in, and as soon as the car started, the triplets all turned around in their seats and said as loud as they could, "HEY SOPHIE!"

Sophie grimaced at the loudness, but she still said, "Hi,"

"Can you guys turn back around?" Dex asked as they drove away from Sophie's house. "I don't want to have to stare at your faces for five and a half hours,"

The triplets stuck their tongue out at Dex before turning back around in their seat with a loud huff.

Sophie and Dex shared a smile before Sophie said through a yawn, "I think I'm going to take a nap."

Dex laughed. "Yeah, that's smart idea,"

Sophie smiled before resting her head against the window and closing her eyes. Remarkably, it only took her a minute to fall asleep.

Sophie woke up to a harsh tap on her shoulder. She shot her head up from the window and looked over to see Dex with an amused look on his face.

"Are we there already?" Sophie asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Nope," Dex said. "But you've been sleeping for two hours and we stopped at a convenience store to get snacks and drinks."

Sophie nodded, still a little sleepy, as they all got out of the car and headed into the convenience store. It was surprisingly clean and didn't have a lot of people in it, so that was good of their group of seven people.