TWENTY-THREE

It was now Christmas break, and Keefe had already gone to Boston.

"Christmas is now my least favorite Holiday ever," Sophie said as she, Fitz, Biana, and Tam wrapped presents at Sophie's house.

"Same," The three of them said.

After Sophie had talked to Keefe, he'd agreed to tell the rest of their friends what was going on, so now they were all in a slump.

They were wrapping presents together because they were doing Secret Santa in groups for a big party the Dizznee's were holding. Dex, Linh, Maruca and Jensi were all at his house wrapping presents, while Sophie's group was at her house.

The four of them continued to wrap presents for five minutes before Biana exclaimed, "Shoot! I used the last of the tape!"

"Why don't you and Tam run to the dollar store and go get some more?" Sophie offered with a knowing smile. True, she wasn't being very subtle about what she was doing, but she was tired of the two of them not telling each other their feelings already.

Biana blushed as Tam said, "I think that's a good idea," He smiled at her—and she blushed even more—before the two of them left to get some more tape.

"I guess this means you're playing matchmaker?" Fitz asked with a raised eyebrow and a smile.

Sophie shrugged. "What can I say?" She said, tapping on a present she'd been wrapping for Dex. "I love happy endings."

"Me too," Fitz said, leaning over and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Sophie's face automatically turned beat red as she fidgeted with the wrapping paper. "So," Sophie said, not wanting there to be any awkward silence. "Are you getting me anything for Christmas?"

Fitz gave her his movie-star smile. "Of course," He said.

Sophie smiled. "Thank you," She told him. "And don't worry—I'm getting you something too."

"Can I have a hint?" He asked, scooting closer to her.

Sophie smiled as she shook her head. "Nope—it's top secret information until Christmas."

Fitz shrugged his shoulders but smiled. "Well, I can't wait to see what it is,"

Sophie smiled at him again, but, honestly, she hadn't gotten him a present yet because she didn't know what he'd want.

He'd liked the dinosaur statue she'd gotten him last year, and he'd also liked the expensive bottle of cologne she'd gotten him for Christmas that year as well. Fitz was really predictable when it came to shopping for him, but that's why it was so hard.

After a few more minutes of talking, Tam and Biana were back with tape and the four of them continued to wrap presents.

§§§

"Okay!" Biana announced. "Does everyone have their needles and yarn?"

They'd all met at the Vacker's house that afternoon after wrapping Presents to watch Christmas movies, but Biana insisted on teaching them all how to knit.

"Why are we even doing this?" Tam questioned as Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer played in the background.

"Because," Dex said, looking super eager. "It sounds fun!"

"I think I knitted a long time ago," Linh said, picking up the needles and looking at them carefully. "I think,"

"I've never wanted to learn how to knit," Maruca said with a shutter, glaring at the knitting supplies in front of her.