TWENTY-FIVE

"I'm so excited!" Biana said from the back seat of Fitz's car as the three of them drove to Dex's house. "Tomorrow's Christmas Eve, and then Christmas is the next day!"

Sophie smiled as she turned around in her seat to look at Biana. "What do you think Dex's group got you?"

It was true that Maruca, Jensi, Tam, and Linh wouldn't be there for the sleepover or Christmas Eve, but the four of them were coming Christmas day so they all could open their Secret Santa presents together.

Biana thought for a second. "I'm going to assume something to do with make-up or clothes since Dex probably conducted the whole thing. After all, he does like to make fun of my fashion sense."

Sophie nodded. "True,"

"What do you think they got you?" Biana asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure," Sophie said with a shrug. "I feel like I'm super hard to shop for,"

"Kind of," Biana said with a shrug. "You just like a ton of things so no one knows exactly what to get you."

Sophie smiled as she nodded. "Well, I'm excited to see their faces when they see what we got them,"

Biana laughed. "They're going to love them!"

Soon, they'd reached Dex's house and made their way inside. But before they could make it past the foyer, they were bombarded by the triplets.

Well, more like Lex and Rex ran up to Biana and started telling her how beautiful she was, and Bex started talking to Fitz about how annoying Dex was.

Sophie couldn't help but laugh as she saw Dex come down the stairs with a miffed look on his face. She walked over to him and said, "Are we going to stay away from the triplets or...?"

Dex laughed. "Thankfully, yes,"

Soon, Juline and Kesler came in and dragged the three kids out of their way so Dex could lead them to his "secret" room.

"You know," Biana said as they shut the door. "Both your brother's are flatterers—but do you mind telling them they're a little too young for me?"

Dex laughed. "I don't think that'll stop them."

Biana shrugged before plopping down on one of the couches. "So...what's the plan for today?"

"Well," Dex said with a grin. "We have to finish setting up the rest of the decorations, then we're going to have a gingerbread house competition, and then we'll just do whatever we want to."

"But first: hot chocolate,"

The four of them whipped around to find Juline with a tray of hot-chocolate-filled coffee mugs.

Everyone's face brightened as they got up to get a cup.

Sophie and her friends said, "Thank you," before they started sipping on the warm liquid. To Sophie, something about the drink tasted familiar.

"Is this homemade?" She asked, turning to Juline.

Juline nodded. "It's a family recipe—has Edaline ever made it?"

Sophie nodded. "Not recently, but when I was little she used to make it every Christmas."

Juline smiled. "Well, I hope you four have a good rest of the day—and make sure to stay out of trouble."

They all murmured "thank you" one more time before Juline left them with their hot Chocolate.

"So, what kind of decorations are we putting around the house?" Sophie asked, tilting her head as she drank her drink.