Chapter Sixty-Nine: Saying Goodbye

*No Instagram Post*

(Happy chapter 69: yee

-your immature author, Wildflower. )

Warning: There is  a mention of suicide in this chapter but it just mentions it and doesn't go into detail

Now.........................

It was the day we were all waiting for. We all wanted to know what would happen with Archie's trial now that there was solid evidence that he didn't do it but that wasn't the case. Ms. Andrew and Attorney McCoy informed us the video got thrown out due to 'questionable place of origin'. Which Ms. Andrews expressed to us as being bullshit and that it was solid proof of Archie's innocence. So, I called a friend of mine, Nick Fury, and cashed in a favor. I asked him to poke around Riverdale's government system to see if he could find anything that would incriminate the Lodge's but soon after making that call something happened. I was arrested.

It was during a recess after I made the call to dragged me out of the courthouse.

My dad had just came up to me when Sheriff Minetta came up to me as well. "Thalia Stark?"

"I am she." I answered confused.

"You are under arrest for the hacking of a federal server." Minetta smirked. "Hands behind your back please." I looked at my dad as he read me my rights.

"Call my lawyer." I told him.

"Happily." My dad answered pissed as Minetta

I met eyes with Archie, Hiram, Hermione, Sweet Pea, The Avengers, and everyone else who was there and they all had looks of confusion, except for Hiram and Hermoine Lodge. I was pissed.

Now I sat in a holding cell with my arms crossed next to a drunk. Then Matt Murdock, my lawyer, came into the holding cell room with my dad and Sheriff Minetta. "Transfer her to the interrogation room, I would like to talk to my client and her father."

"Of course." Sheriff Minetta said, nodding. He came up to me and unlocked the cell. "Turn around please." I turned around and put my hands behind my back, this not being my first time this had happened. Then they escorted me to the interrogation room, The Avengers, the Serpents and my cousin were waiting in the lounge to hear what was going on. I made eye contact with Sweet Pea who was obviously concerned. When we entered the interrogation room I sat me down in a chair and he cuffed me to the table. My dad sat on one side of me and my lawyer sat on the other. Sheriff Minetta left the and we saw the red light on the camera turn off.

"What do they even have on me, Matt?" I asked.

"They have a witness who came forward." He told me.

"So they don't have a solid case?" I asked.

"No, they don't. It's barely a case but I am going to push to have the case transferred to New York because this government in Riverdale, wouldn't give you a fair trial and they want to charge you as an adult." He informed me

"I have a feeling about who's behind this." I sighed. Matt looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Who?" He questioned.

"My uncle, Hiram Lodge." I told him.

"Do you have evidence?" He asked.

"Unfortunately, no." I sighed. "It's just a feeling."

"Look, for the arraignment they are going to suggest to keep you in custody because of how big of a flight risk you are and they will probably get it too because of you being on the run." He told me. That wasn't the only reason why we were in the interrogation room. We were also meeting with the DA to talk about a plea deal. I didn't plan on pleading guilty, both Matt and my dad knew that. Matt never lost a case for me and I am very thankful for him.