Chapter Eighty-Five: The Boxing Match Of A Lifetime

*I tried to figure out an Insta post for this chapter but I couldn't so no instapost*

Happy Labor day! (I actually don't care I just really wanted to do another update this weekend)
-Wildflower

To the story.....................

Previously........................

"Promise me, six months then you'll find someone else to love just as much you love me." I told him with tears welling in my eyes.

"Lia, I can't promise that because I don't think I'll ever find someone I love as much as you." He told me.

"Try to, please." I practically begged. "For me."

"I'll try, but I doubt I'll be able to." He sighed, taking my hand in his.

Now...............................

It wasn't until we got back home the next morning, after spending the night in my old room in Stark tower, that we found out what happened at Prom. The Black Hood was back and none of us were safe but I had different matters to attend to which led me to the Andrews kitchen with Ronnie. "The deed, the contract I signed, none of it matters. It was all fake. My dad still owns Pop's and the speakeasy and I'm a fool for ever trusting him. And on top of everything he's done to me, he's now planning on buying the entire town." My cousin told me, Mrs. Andrews and Archie.

"Yeah, Ronnie, your dad sucks." Archie commented.

"Hold on a second, Ronnie." I began, "What about all the shady stuff that goes on at the speakeasy, it might be the missing piece we need for the case. I mean you may be doing it but if it's not under your name..."

"Can he be prosecuted for these things?" Ronnie asked Mrs. Andrews, the lawyer. "Shady stuff as in... Drinking without carding, and/or illegal gambling, let's say?"

"Hiram did these things?" Mrs. Andrews questioned.

"Not exactly, but you know the property is under his name, wouldn't that make him liable? Plus we've been kinda working on a case behind the scenes." I told her.

"I think I might know someone who might be able to help." She answered. She then set up a meeting with an FBI friend of hers for later that day we were all a little nervous about it but nothing we couldn't handle. We all met at the speakeasy. "Ardelia and I went to Sara Florence together. Now she's my friend at the FBI."

"The FBI has had their eye on Hiram Lodge for a long time. He served less than a year for embezzlement. So whatever we can charge him with in the future, it's gotta be gang busters." Ardelia told us.

"How about serving alcohol to minors and operating an illegal casino? And doctoring books." Ronnie suggested.

"Aren't those crimes you committed?" The Agent questioned and things got uncomfortable really quick.

"My client can neither confirm nor deny that statement." Archie's mom quickly said.

"Don't worry, we want your father, not you." She reassured us.

"If none of this stuff will be enough to get Hiram arrested, then what will?" Archie asked.

"They have to catch him red-handed." I smirked, leaning back in my chair.

"Miss. Stark is correct." She sighed, "We need to arrest Hiram committing a crime in real time."

"Understood, Agent Ardelia. Let me see what I can do." Ronnie nodded and I saw the gears turning in her head. It worried me, what evil scheme was she coming up with now? Shortly after she came up with a plan and I wasn't sure about it. "Tally, will you please fight my father. You're the best of the best, I've seen you fight before. If I put Archie in the ring there is a chance my dad will kill him, I can't let that happen."