Chapter Eighty-One: Heathers, The Musical Part One

*Now Instagram because this part is long enough as it is*

Happy 35k everyone! Thank you so much for reads! Please read author's note! It's important so u understand that next 2 chapters!
-Wildflower

Now........................

(I'm going to be messing with this episode A LOT, it may improve Riverdale's version of it or it may worsen it but I am a big fan of Heathers: The Musical and was disappointed with this episode. This will also end up being an extra-long chapter. I have lowkey dreamed of this chapter(s) since I started writing this or at least watched season three. -Wildflower)

The morning started like any other. The Avenger, Pepper, Sweet Pea and I sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast. Pietro was being his goofy self, making everyone laugh, Wanda was trying to convince her brother to let her paint his nails. Clint and Nat were going back and forth about how Clint cheated on Mario Kart last night. Steve was making more pancakes, cause why not. Pepper was looking over wedding details and they still had to pick a date. My dad was messing with his phone. Bucky and Sweet Pea were putting magnets on Bucky's arm just to see how many magnets they could put on. Then my phone rang, I looked at the caller ID. It was Detective Benson. I was confused. I walked out of the kitchen and answered it. "Detective Benson, how can I help you?" I asked her.

"Hey, Tally. I didn't want to make this phone call but I have to unfortunately." She began.

"What's going on?" I asked, concerned.

"They released Nick St. Clair this morning due to overcrowding at the prison." She informed me.

"What?" I said in shock, "How can they just release him?"

"I don't completely understand it either, Tally but I wanted you to hear it from me first." She sighed.

"Thank you, Detective Benson." I said before hanging up. I didn't realize a tear escaped so I wiped my face and took a deep breath before walking back into the kitchen.

"Hey kiddo, who was that?" My dad asked.

"That was Detective Benson." I told them and everyone's head shot up.

"The detective who handled your rape trail?" Cap questioned.

"Yeah, she called with not very good news." I sighed. "Nick St. Clair got released first thing this morning."

"What? How?" Sweet Pea asked, pissed.

"Overcrowding at the prison." I told them. Everyone was angry about it but it lingered in the back of my head.

"Maybe you should take the day off." Nat suggested.

"Can't." I told her, "Today is the first practice of the musical and I promised Kevin, so I'm going."

"Fine but if your PTSD kicks in, I want you home." my dad told me.

"Okay." I sighed.

Kevin's POV...................

"This year's musical is Heathers. Any questions?" I told Weatherbee and the Mayor.

"Heathers: The Musical? Now how, in God's name, is a play about teen violence and suicide a good idea in Riverdale, especially after the tragedy of last year's musical?" Mayor Lodge demanded.

"Please, Mayor Lodge." I began, "Yes, Heathers deals with teen alienation and desperation, but it's characters long for simpler, more innocent times. It's ultimate message is a rejection of nihilism. If you'll just listen to the lyrics of the first song." Then I turned to my co-director to start the music, "Evelyn." Then the music to the introduction song, Beautiful began. "We were so tiny ♪ ♪ Happy and shiny ♪ ♪ Playing tag ♪ ♪ And getting chased ♪ ♪ Then we got bigger ♪ ♪ That was the trigger ♪ ♪ Like the Huns invading Rome ♪ ♪ Welcome to my school ♪ ♪ This ain't no high school ♪ ♪ This is the Thunderdome ♪ ♪ But I know, I know ♪ ♪ Life can be beautiful ♪ ♪ I pray, I pray ♪ ♪ For a better way ♪ ♪ If we changed back then ♪ ♪ We could change again ♪ ♪ We can be beautiful ♪ - ♪ Just not today ♪" I sung as I led them through the hallway of Riverdale High.