26 ✘

After buying your dress and other necessities both you and jaemin set in wattbucks.

You'll ordered your favourite drinks and talked about random stuffs.

" So which friend of yours has invited you for this business ball?" You ask while taking a sip from your drink.

" Your maths teacher aka lee Haechan" he states with a smile. Hearing Haechan you choke on your drink and began to cough loudly.

Jaemin gets up and rubs your back. " You okay?" He asks worriedly. You cough for few more times and nod.

" Oh my god y/n! You spilled the drink on your shirt" he nagged you with an annoyed look.

You just look down not wanting to say anything right now. But in your mind you were planning on declining your brother to go along with him to that business ball.

You have screwed up a lot and definitely aren't planning on screwing more. Jaemin glanced at your direction, he was reading you. He knew something was up but didn't ask.

When you guys got home, you placed the shopping bags on the table and plopped on the couch tired.

Jaemin walked towards the couch and set on the table staring at you.

You felt his stare and stared back with a confused look. " what?" You asked him while biting your inner cheeks.

" I never wanted to play the parents role in your life but you leave me no choice" he started while folding his arms. " What's going on between you and Haechan?" He asked with a stern look.

Your eyes instantly widened hearing the question and you set straight staring at him, You noticed how serious he was and gulped.

" Nothing" you managed to say without stuttering.

" Then why do you get so flustered when I take his name?" He asked still not dropping his serious attitude.

Oh boi here comes jaemin playing detective j

" I- I do- don't know wh-what you're talking ab-about" you stutter while looking down, a tint of pink made its way to your cheeks.

Jaemin sighed and tilted his head. " You are crushing on one of my best friends?" He asked a with a uneasy look.

In no way you will answer that! But just think about it. If you admit that you do have a crush on him and that you get nervous and uncomfortable around him.. jaemin would definitely not force you to come with him to the ball and might as well cancel the after school tutoring sessions.

You gulp and look up at him. " wh-what if I say ye-yes?" You ask him while bitting your bottom lip.

Jaemin froze for a second and ran his left hand through his hair in frustration. " How long?" He asked with a worried look.

" I don't know for long but I realised it just few days ago.." you reply while playing with your hands.

" Oh my god y/n" he sighed and stood up. " do you get like uncomfortable around him?" He asks you with a worried look.

You smile inwardly because girl plan is working.

" Not exactly uncomfortable.. I just feel nervous around him.." you play sad while looking down. " I can't help but think about him when I see him.."