▪ twenty-nine

I cried hard this morning. I feel empty after Wave walked away from me. I feel something in my heart that made me cry like this. Wave doesn't want me to see him leaving. I didn't get a chance to see him in airport because like what he wants, he wants to leave without saying his bye to anyone... including me.

Reeva is beside me, listening to my sobs while patting my back. I could feel that she wants to cry, too, but seeing me in this state, naguguluhan na rin siya kung ano ang uunahin niya. She doesn't know what to do with me. I could see it on her face. She looks sad, at the same time, guilty about something that I don't know.

"He left, Reeva," my voice broke. "Hindi na siya babalik," mas lumakas ang aking hikbi.

"He'll come back for sure. Kapag siguro naayos na niya 'yong sarili niya," she said, still tapping my back.

"H'wag mo nga lakasan 'yang pag-tap mo sa likod ko! Baka masuka ako ng dugo! Bigat-bigat pa naman ng kamay mo!" sabi ko sa gitna ng aking hikbi. "Sa balikat na lang."

She stopped and looked at me with her small eyes. Her eyes scream that she's sad and confused... confused but I don't know why. Am I a self-centered? Did I fail as a bestfriend for her? Wala ako sa panahong nahihirapan siya at ni minsan, hindi ko siya natanong kung ano ba ang problema niya while me... ever since nagbati kami, she's always giving me an advice and listening to my rants and problems. Nakakalimutan ko na minsan, oo nga pala, na may problema rin siya.

Tinatantsa niya ang aking reaksyon ngunit mayamaya, bigla niya akong inirapan at tuluyan na niyang tinanggal ang kamay niyang nakapatong kanina sa aking likod. She crossed her arms over chest and she acted like she was hurt at what I said.

"Umiiyak ka na nga, nakuha mo pang maggan'yan."

I rolled my eyes. I pressed my back against the cushion and stared at her. She was taken aback, I saw it. I crossed my legs and get myself a tissue to clean myself. She raised her eyebrow, confused that I am staring her.

"Something is bothering you, Reeva?" I asked immediately as I wiped my tears.

"Wala naman. I'm fine." She answered with full of determination. "Why are you asking? Ikaw ang hindi ayos sa atin. Sino ba kasi 'yong umiiyak ngayon?"

"Don't change the topic," my lips pursed. "What is it? I'm your friend. You're keeping secrets to me na?"

She took a deep sigh before looking directly into my eyes. She licked first her lips before opening her mouth to speak.

"I have–"

"Lily!" Sky quickly ran towards me and hugged me tightly. "What happened to you? Why did you cry? You look stressed. What is it, baby? Tell me. . ."

"Did you skip your class, Severus Kayel?!"

"That's... that's nothing compared to you," he said, almost a whisper. "Baby, you need me... why did you cry again?"

"Compared to me? Your education matters the most! Mas importante 'yon kaysa sa akin!"

"Why are you mad at me? Isa lang 'yon. Hindi na 'yon mauulit, promise," he spoke smoothly. "Can you tell me now what's bothering you? You called a while ago while sobbing. Please, baby, what is it? Did I do something wrong? What is it?"

I cupped his face to stop him from worrying about me. I showed him my wide smile and I kissed his lips and suck it a bit. I saw in my my peripheral vision that my friend looked away and she pretends that she's doing something in her phone. I smirked and tap my boyfriend's shoulder. I looked for his reaction and bit my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing but I can't... I burst out laughing after seeing his bulge.