Blackmail

One Month Later

"So what are you planning on doing for Halloween?" Mattia asks me, leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Well, my mom showed Brynn the movie 'The Wizard of Oz' and now she wants to be Dorothy so I'm dressing as Glinda the Good Witch and taking her Trick or Treating." I reply, putting my books away and closing my locker. Mattia grabs my hand and we walk to lunch.

"Y/n!" Someone yells. I turn around and see Roshaun and Alvaro running towards us and grabbing my hand away from Mattia.

"Pre-marital hand holding is a sin. Do you want to rot in hell for the rest of eternity Mattia?" Alvaro says. Mattia rolls his eyes.

"For y/n, anything is worth it." He replies. I smile, blushing uncontrollably.

"Simp." Ale says, walking up behind us. We all laugh and sit down at the table.

"There's a new kid coming tomorrow! He arrived today, but he doesn't start school until tomorrow." Vic says, eating her chips.

"Where's he from?" Tay asks.

"L.A." Vic replies. My eyes widen, but I quickly regain my composure before anyone notices.

"Nice." Mattia says. We all continue talking aboit random things until I get called to the office.

"What the hell?" I say, standing up. They all shrug and I walk away.

"You called?" I say. The Secretary nods and points to my left. Bryce.

"Show him around." She demands. I sigh and walk over.

"Hey y/n." He says. I ignore him at snatch his schedule away. It's identical to mine. Great.

"You can't ignore me forever." He says. I turn to him and poke his chest.

"Fucking watch me you worthless piece of shit. You are one of the last people on the face of the planet that I want to see right now and I plan on making that perfectly clear." I reply. He puts his hands up and Mattia walks up.

"Hey nugget, who's this?" He asks.

"The new kid. I have to show him around." I reply, glaring at Bryce.

"I'm Bryce." He says, extending his hand. Mattia shakes it and smiles.

"Mattia." He says. Bryce nods and looks at me.

"Can we go?" He asks with a slight attitude.

"You can go straight back to Los Angeles where you belong because I want nothing to do with your pussy ass." I reply. Mattia stares at us, confused.

"I told you I was sorry!" Bryce says. I roll my eyes.

"Sorry about what? That your true colors were exposed, or that your best friend raped me? Because from where I stand, you are only sorry because your girlfriend broke up with you after she found out about how disgusting of a human being you are!" I yell. Mattia grabs me and hugs me.

"Vic! Come show the new kid around. I'm taking y/n home." Mattia says. Vic nods and I throw my keys to Roshaun.

"I filled the tank this morning, so you should be fine." I say. Roshaun nods and Mattia and I walk to his car.

"What was that about y/n?" Mattia asks, placing his hand on my upper thigh. I sigh and look over at him.

"That's Tony's best friend. The one that did nothing and just sat back and watched." I reply. I feel Mattia's grip tighten and I see him clenching his jaw.

"Hey! It's fine Tia! I'll just avoid him at all costs. I promise nothing is going to happen." I say. He nods and pulls up at my house.

"What do you think about a little alone time?" He asks. I giggle and nod.

"With you? I'll take all the alone time I can get." I reply. He smirks and picks me up, taking me downstairs and into the movie room.

"I'm going to make some popcorn real quick, don't start the movie without me." He says. I nod and pull out my phone to see a text from an unknown number.

Unknown

U

nknown:
It'd be unfortunate if your friends were to find out about everything you did back in L.A., wouldn't it?

Y/n:
Who's this and what do you want?

Unknown:
Bryce. And I want you to treat me the way you did before Tony knocked you up. You knew he wouldn't take no for an answer, so I don't know why you're playing the victim card. Break things off with your friends or I'll show them everything you ever did.

Y/n:
But you guys forced me!

Unknown:
They don't know that and they won't believe you. Break. It. Off. Now.

Y/n:
Fine. You win.

I put my phone down and Mattia walks down the stairs. I look at him with tears in my eyes and he runs over, putting the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He asks. I sigh and look at my hands.

"I can't be friends with you guys anymore." I reply. He grabs my hand and looks at me worriedly.

"W-what? Why?" He asks. I look at him and put my hand on his face.

"I made some bad decisions back L.A. Tony kept threatening to hurt me and I was scared, so I did everything he asked. Bryce won't let me be friends with you or he'll turn me in. I can't lose Brynnlee. I'm sorry." I reply. He nods and hugs me.

"We're going to fix this. I'm going to make sure of it." He says. I pull away from him and sigh.

"Tell the rest I'm sorry." I say. He nods and walks out. I sit on the couch balling my eyes out before Roshaun and Alvaro come running downstairs with Brynnlee.

"Bitch! What the hell is going on? Mattia said that the new kid is blackmailing you and now you can't be our friend! Bitch I think the fuck not! Explain!" Roshaun says, placing Brynn in her playpen.

"When I was in L.A., Tony used to force me to rob places for him. It wasn't anything bad, but if I ever get caught, Brynnlee might be taken away. I can't risk it. So, I'm going to cooperate until I can get him off my ass." I reply. They hug me and nod.

"Hurry up though because we can't be a trio with just two people." Alvaro says. I laugh and nod.

"Bye boys." I say.

"Bye y/n." They reply, walking out.