ch. 6

✿

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

"NANA, shouldn't you be talking to prince tomura now?? you're already behind since he's had tea with princess momo and princess itsuka", mina whispered as I ate a macaroon.

"why're you worried love, the game is only beginning", I replied with a small smile, enjoying myself.

"look!! he's talking to princess momo right now!", she whined.

"tell todoroki to approach her in another 3 minutes", I responded, not even looking away from my food.

another five minutes passed before tomura decided to approach me. mina quickly skrted away, to leave the two of us alone.

"say, it's good to see that you've recovered", tomura stated, as he sat beside me.

"indeed, my head was burning", you replied with a dry chuckle.

'twas a moment of silence.

I took a glance at tomura. he had cleaned up well. he wore a normal black suit with his blue hair cut, seemingly groomed from the last time I saw him.

"hm, whats with all the staring? are you perhaps interested, princess?", he teased.

"perhaps I am, and what of it?", I retorted, making him slightly surprised by my boldness.

silence again. 'man, this crusty hoe really isn't good at communication. maybe kai wouldn't be that bad—NO!', I internally argued with myself.

"prince tomura, how about I show you a place?", I asked with a small smile, looking into his eyes. "it's quite boring here, with all these people, isn't it?" 

he seemed to think for a moment before giving a small nod. standing up, I offered a hand out to him, hoping he'd take it, but instead he stood up by himself.

following me, I led him to one of my favorite gardens. the sun had already set so the moon was high up, along with the shining stars.

extending my hand out again, I asked, "a dance?" 

hesitating, I took his hand in mine while placing his other hand on my waist. slightly surprised by my sudden action, he was stiff before relaxing a moment later.

although it was mostly silent, with a few small talk here and there, I never missed the occasional glances he'd give me while we danced.

the mood was perfect. there was a water fountain that was in the center of many beautiful white and red roses. the wind blew slightly, lifting my hair while we danced in sync.

during dancing, I "accidentally" stumbled, falling onto tomura. he stiffened once again in contact of me. he didn't seem to know what to do or what to say so he just stood still while my cheek was against his chest.

I looked up at his red eyes, smiling innocently, "I'm sorry, I must've misstepped".

"it's fine", he curtly replied before wrapping both his arms around my waist, pulling me slightly closer. I naturally moved both my hands, wrapping them around his neck. thus, we began dancing once again.

surprisingly, his hands weren't as crusty as I thought they were. they were calloused, but warm. and seeing his pale face in the moonlight actually brought me to the attention of some of his scars. especially the one on his lips. he also had a beauty mark near the lower right of his lip.

'maybe he isn't so bad looking, like itsuka said'.

"why'd you invite me to dance?", he suddenly asked out of the blue.

"why not? didn't I say earlier that I fancied you?", I replied honestly.

"you had many suitors after you who you could've picked, so why me?"

"what's wrong with picking you?"

silence.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. tea .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

a few bushes away, hidden, dabi stared along with twice and kurogiri. they were shocked that their prince could even get the princess to dance with him, much less take interest.

with nanako and tomura, they were still dancing, more like swaying now.

"I know of your challenge with your dear sisters", tomura said, once again out of the blue.

"hm? and what about it?", nana asked back.

"we can make a deal", tomura said hesitantly, not sure if this was the right decision or not. however, he was willing to take a risk. since in the end, he'll get to his goal one way or another.

"I'm listening", nana said as she swayed her hips slightly.

"if we marry, I can guarantee you inherit the throne".

"I don't want the throne, so sorry, your deal is flawed".

"in that case, let me change it up. if you become the inheritor for the throne, I'll marry you. you want to win the bet don't you?"

nana gave it a thought before answering, "alright, let's seal the deal then".

taking one hand off tomura's shoulder, nana moved her hand to his cheek, while standing on her tippy toes and slowly leaning in.

with only mere inches away from each others' lips, nana pulled away, smirking at the slightly irritated tomura.

"why?"

"because baby you're a game, and I'm in it to win it".

nanako walked away, leaving tomura with nothing but the feeling of holding her earlier.

as nanako walked, she gave a brief glance at the bushes, where the three still remained, a smirk was evident on her face along with mischief in her green eyes.

"the game has just begun", she mumbled to herself.