ch. 23

"PRINCESS itsuka, with a time of thirty-two minutes and fourteen seconds

"PRINCESS itsuka, with a time of thirty-two minutes and fourteen seconds. princess nanako, with a time of twenty-three minutes and two seconds. finally, Princess momo with a time of twenty minutes and forty-eight seconds", aizawa announced.

"alright the winner of this course gets three points. that means princess momo wins with a total of five points. congratulations to the new heiress of the throne", yagi said happily.

everyone cheered and congratulated the first princess.

"m-mommy, are you okay??", eri asked as she ran over to nanako.

nanako snapped out of her thoughts and looked down at eri. picking her up, nana nodded and gave her a smile. although behind that smile, eri could see that there was some bitterness.

"congratulations momo", nanako said with eri still in her arms.

momo nodded and smiled. "thank you".

"as congratulations, why don't I give you todoroki as a present?", nanako offered.

momo looked skeptical. she remembered nana making that same comment a month earlier, yet she played it off as a joke.

seeming to have sensed momo's hesitation, nanako called todoroki over.

"todoroki shouto, I demand you to follow under princess momo's command now. make sure you protect her with your life", nana said.

todoroki nodded and bowed. facing momo, todoroki bowed to his new owner. momo slightly blushed and smiled at nanako. "thank you again".

momo left with her six knights and a new addition, todoroki. the rest of nanako's knights walked over.

"nana, why'd you give todoroki away?! he's been with you the longest other than midoriya!", kaminari asked. he was bamboozled. if anything, nanako loved todoroki. he was one of her most prized knights.

"don't worry kami. momo needs him more than I do. plus, todoroki knows his purpose of me sending him away", nana replied calmly.

"nanako, are you alright?", kirishima asked.

"y-yeah I mean...especially since that means prince t-tomura is technically engaged to p-princess momo now...", midoriya squeaked out.

"OI! WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT MARRYING THAT CRUSTY PRINCE?!", bakugo complained.

even though bakugo was yelling, nanako understood that he was somewhat worried for her. it was his own way of saying that 'she could always find someone better'.

"I'm fine guys. I just need time to think. leave me be for a while. thank you for all of yalls support. I'm sorry I've wasted all your time", nanako said as she let eri go and walked away alone.

they all wanted to speak to her however, they knew better. 'if only todoroki was here...', some thought as nanako walked further and further away from them.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

I was a bit dejected, to be truthful. however, there were more important matters at the moment.

I went to the garden where my sisters and I first made the bet. 'ugh...just the thought of tomura and momo being together disgusts me'.

a rustling was heard as someone had stepped out of the bushes. "dabi?", I asked.

"wrong. do you like dabi so much? maybe I ought to ban him from seeing you", a voice I knew all-too-familiar said.

"oh. tomura", I said.

"oh? just oh? what's that suppose to mean", tomura asked, not exactly pleased with my answer.

"come sit", I said, patting the seat next to me.

he complied and looked at me, waiting for me to begin my rant or whatever.

"sorry I lost...", I started out.

"it's fine", tomura replied shortly.

before saying what I was going to say next, I heard a small snap of what sounded like a tree branch. however, I didn't mind it too much.

tomura seemed to have noticed too, but we both kept quiet about it.

"just fine? just fine?!", I asked, suddenly feeling a building anger within me.

tomura looked offended by my sudden change of tone. "what did I even do?! I only asked if you were fine!"

"do I look fine to you?! you're fine, sure! you get to marry momo. was I nothing to you?!", I questioned, almost on the verge of tears.

it hurts.

"nothing?! are you kidding me?! and to think, I was starting to actually like you...", he mumbled the last part.

"don't lie. I know the reason you came to the hero's kingdom in the first place. thought you were sly?! WELL SUCKS TO BE YOU BECAUSE I'VE GOT YOUR PLAN ALL FIGURED OUT!!", I yelled.

it hurts. it hurts.

"SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME! YOU CAN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING CONSIDERING YOUR PAST ISN'T THAT DIFFERENT FROM MINE!!", tomura hollered back.

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! STOP!", I sobbed. tears were full on streaming down my face now, but I didn't care.

it hurts. it hurts. it hurts.

tomura huffed. "don't pretend I don't know how many men you played with in your past".

I froze. my tears kept streaming, staining my red face. "s-shut up. you d-don't know what you're talking a-about", I whimpered out.

"and don't pretend I don't see you flirting with your knights. and that chisaki? I'd be surprised if nothing went down between you two while you were gone!", tomura said.

"y-you know what? I w-was wrong about you. j-just go ahead and m-marry momo. I d-don't even care anymore!", I said as I ran away, back to my room.

I plopped onto my bed, letting it engulf me. even though what tomura said wasn't true, it still hurt, even a tiny bit.

a knock suddenly brought me out of my sorrow. "come in", I tried saying with my normal voice. for some reason, crying makes my voice more nasally.

ochako stepped in, with a note and a small round box.

"are you okay nanako??", she asked concerned.

"mhm! what do you have there?", I asked, looking at what she was holding.

she sighed and handed me the gift. "the gift was from a guy named dabi? he told me to give it to you and once you saw it you'd understand", ochako explained.

"also, the note's from todoroki", she said as she excused herself and exited out my room.

opening the folded note first, I read the content. I smiled. my plan was going to succeed and momo was going to be safe.