ch. 22

THE next day of the competition arrived

THE next day of the competition arrived. the second match was composition, just like nanako had said.

"welcome back ladies and gentlemen! let's give a round of applause to our wonderful princesses and queen nemuri!!", hizashi said, hyping up the crowd.

the crowd applauded, cueing the entrance of the three princesses.

"alright, we will first start off with the second match. this match is all about knowledge. you will be given forty-five minutes to answer these questions. also, write your FINAL answers on this paper, okay?" yagi looked around for confirmation.

all three princesses nodded as they sat down on their chairs with tables prepared. everyone was watching, making it more nerve wracking but also making sure that there was no cheating.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

with about two minutes left, I finished the last problem. now scribbling all my answers onto the other sheet, the timer went off right as I wrote the last letter.

"pencils down!", hizashi announced. I sighed in relief as I dropped my pencil onto the desk.

aizawa, the hobo looking man who's also one of my mother's personal knights, grabbed my paper and started grading our work.

after a tense fifteen minutes, he finally spoke.

"this round, the highest scorer gets two points. first we have princess momo with a score of 96%. then princess itsuka with a score of 90%. and finally", aizawa paused, looking at me. "princess nanako with a score of 38%".

I choked on air. "e-excuse me?!"

"sorry princess nanako, but it seems like you missed a blank, causing all your answers to shift down one. thus, from question #16 and onward, all of them are incorrect", aizawa explained in a monotone voice.

'is he fucking with me right now?!'

"and I'm not kidding with you", aizawa said, as if reading my mind.

"a-alright. well congratulations to princess mo—"

before hizashi could finish announcing the winner, a voice stopped him.

"wait!", tomura said, standing up from his seat. everyone's attention was on his sudden outburst, especially mine.

"I think you should grade princess nanako's test with her actual answers from the test, and not the paper. what if she got a higher score than princess momo?", he reasoned.