ch. 21

FIVE consecutive days of the same routine, same training, same strictness

today, is the first day of the competition. every advisor, ladies, and their significant others were there to watch the show.

the three princesses were dressed in a warrior-like style, standing proudly in front of their mother, queen nemuri.

nanako looked around, seeing tomura with dabi, toga, kurogiri, and a few others she didn't recognize. then there was eri and ochako, with the rest of her knights standing behind them.

eri gave nana a kind smile, causing her to subconsciously touch the little keychain eri had gotten her for good luck.

it was a little white cat with a quiet bell. eri has given it to her the night before today. nanako thanked her and strapped it on her pants for luck.

nanako then looked towards her knights and ochako, to which they all gave her a nod or smile, which in bakugo's case, a grin.

looking over at tomura, he gave a very small smile. nanako had to calm her breathing and remind herself that this was just part of the bet. the bet. the bet.

momo and itsuka looked at nanako then to tomura. both didn't like what they were seeing, both for different reasons.

they were going to take nanako down, one way or another.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

I was nervous. if I didn't care, it would've been a whole other story. but there are so many people rooting for me that if I don't do well, I feel that I've failed them and wasted their time.

"ahem. thank you everyone for gathering here. today, is day one of the princess competition!", hizashi, one of my mother's louder knights announced.

"today, we will be racing on horses! however, there's a twist. there are two bells hanging on the same tree. whoever gets those two bells will get a point", yagi explained.

"but do not fret if you don't immediately get the bell. there's a ten minute time limit in which you can try to steal the other person's bell", yagi continued.

"no weapons and the only other rule is that you must stay on your horse. now if you're ready, princesses. on your mark, get set. GO!", hizashi yelled.

I immediately jumped on my horse, yuki. she's white as snow and was a present mother gave me on my seventeenth birthday.

"okay yuki, let's win this", I said as I patted her mane. she galloped towards the forest, while I scanned for any bells.

itsuka and momo were head to head with each other. once I saw a faint gold and heard a quiet ring, I slowed down my horse, pulling on the reins.