ch. 31

"NO", nemuri said

"NO", nemuri said.

"w-why not?", nanako asked, clearly nervous from all this. tomura held her hand, giving it a slight squeeze.

"nanako. I've always given you everything you wanted. this time, just let momo have him. she deserves it after she won the competition. if you really wanted him, you would've tried harder", nemuri said.

"but momo doesn't even like him! she likes todoroki shouto! why not let those two get married and have a happily ever after?", nanako argued.

"how do you feel about this, prince tomura?", nemuri asked.

"I agree fully with nanako".

"yagi, go get momo, I want her opinion on this", nemuri ordered. yagi nodded and excused himself, bringing momo 10 minutes later.

"greetings mother", momo bowed.

"hello, my dear. nanako here said that you'd much rather wed todoroki shouto than prince tomura. is that right?", nemuri questioned.

momo blushed and looked somewhat shocked. she's also been busy with the wedding preparations that she hasn't exactly had proper time to sort out her feelings.

"I...I...". momo looked over at nanako, who was holding tomura's hand. despite her and nanako not always getting along, momo loved her. and after all that she's done, she couldn't possibly separate two people that liked each other. also, her mother wasn't exactly wrong about her liking todoroki...

"it's true. I like todoroki", momo said. nanako looked over to her sister, almost teary, mouthing a 'thank you'.

momo just smiled. after losing one sister, she couldn't possibly lose another one.

"fine, in that case, nanako, you can inform todoroki that he'll be marrying momo in less than three months. after their marriage, momo's having her coronation as soon as possible", nemuri said.

sighing, she mumbled to herself and rolled her eyes. "god, kids these days".

"thank you mother!!", nanako said as she smiled widely. it was great knowing that tomura wasn't going to marry momo and that momo was going to marry someone she likes, maybe even love.

"yeah yeah. now shoo, I have a massive headache".

nanako nodded and went over to momo. "thank you momo. it really means a lot that you did that for me. and even though shouto doesn't show much emotion, trust me, I know you two would be perfect together!!"

"thanks nanako. and, I'll be expecting you to be the maid of honor at my wedding then", momo said with a small smile.

"of course!! you can count on it. I'll give the best speech ever!", nanako exclaimed.

"I'll be waiting then", momo said. once nanako left with tomura, momo sighed. she basically just forced todoroki to marry her, without even knowing his view on this.

'hopefully he won't mind too much', momo thought as she was about to walk out.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. tea .:**:☆ *:.。.✿

"YOU GUYS WHAT??", nanako yelled as tomura just stood next to her, also shocked.

"yeah! we planned for todoroki to get close to you. how else was this crusty man gonna confess to you?", dabi casually said.

"sorry nanako. I hope I didn't make you too uncomfortable", todoroki said, bowing slightly.

"it's okay shouto", nanako said with a smile.

"what made you change your mind?", tomura asked, not entirely believing the todoroki actually meant to help.

"I told you, I know what nanako needs and what she wants. and even though I don't exactly approve of you, if you are what she desires, then you will be hers", todoroki explained bluntly.

"ANYWAYS! shouto! you're getting married to momo in about three months. aren't you excited?!", nanako asked, trying to change the subject.

todoroki didn't say anything. and if he was shocked, he clearly didn't show it. nanako couldn't really detect any emotion from the todoroki. perhaps she shouldn't have told him so soon...?

"oh".

'oh? JUST oh?! what the heck is that suppose to mean?!', nanako internally panicked.

"ehhhhh? that's great news, todoroki!! you get to marry the first princess, future queen!", toga said.

"yeah and she's pretty hot too", dabi commented.

todoroki shot dabi a slight glare, but it went as fast as it came.

"soooooo...how do you feel about it?", nanako asked.

"fine. I don't mind", todoroki said calmly.

"that's good then!! and don't worry shouto, I'll have the best designers in this kingdom design you a suit for you and momo's wedding!! oh and eri could be the flower girl! everything's going to be so grea—"

"nanako. I think we should go", tomura said, slipping his hand in hers.

"huh? what, why—". nanako looked over at what tomura and the rest were looking at. it was momo.

"well, I'll leave you two alone then!!", nanako said as she skrted off with tomura, dabi, and toga.

"I'm sorry...", momo said, looking down at her feet.

"why?", todoroki asked, genuinely confused.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this. it's not only mine, but your happiness too, and I didn't consider your feelings at all", momo confessed.

"it's fine—"

"no! it's not, todoroki! I want you to be happy too. and if you're not happy marrying me, I don't want to force you to", momo said, on the verge of tears.

before she could walk away, todoroki stopped her. he looked down at his hand that was holding her wrist.

"it's fine...because it's you", he quietly mumbled.

momo stopped in her tracks. 'd-did he just say it's because of me...?'

"w-when?"

"since nanako teased you about me around a month or two ago. when you guys were having tea and made that bet", todoroki answered.

"then why—"

"I didn't answer you that day because I needed to get nanako and that prince together. momo...I-I like you too...and I'm sorry...I don't express emotions well...".

momo felt a tear roll down her face. this was as good as todoroki basically proposing to her. todoroki saw momo cry and started freaking out. usually when nanako cried, he would get her chocolate but there was none right now.

so he did the next best thing and gave momo a hug.

"a-are you feeling better?", todoroki asked.

momo nodded, hugging todoroki back. now that all feelings were spilled, a happy wedding was in session.

"I knew they'd be good for each other", nanako whispered as she sneakily spied on them.

"now onto my next otp, bakugo and kirishima".