ch. 20

ANOTHER week has passed after the whole chisaki fiasco

ANOTHER week has passed after the whole chisaki fiasco. word has spread that he's dead and despite how he treated eri, she still felt sad. after all, even if he wasn't a really good one, he was still her father.

"now now, eri. don't cry, everything will be alright. I'm still here for you", nanako said as eri mourned. nana stroked eri's hair, untangling any knots, and hummed her a lullaby.

eri fell asleep from being exhausted of all the crying and sadness. nanako picked her up and laid her on her bed.

taking one last look, nana exited out of her room, informing ochako to notify her once she awakes.

"princess, shouldn't you focus on the competition now? I know everything's been hard but you have approximately one week until it begins", kaminari said worryingly.

"kami, bring the others to the training ground. we'll talk there", nanako ordered.

kami nodded and went to go fetch todoroki, bakugo, and midoriya. shinso and kirishima followed nanako to the training grounds.

"princess, we're all here", kaminari reported.

"good. we have exactly six days until the competition. I know I've been putting it off, but now I need all of yalls help", nanako said.

"what do you need, nanako?", shinso asked.

"since forever, the tradition for the competition of the throne was determined in three matches".

"what're the three themes for the matches then?", midoriya asked.

"first is combat. every year it varies from fighting each other to seeing who has the most accurate aim in shooting arrows. for this match, I want todoroki and bakugo to train with me", nanako said.

todoroki and bakugo looked at each other before sighing and scowling. they nodded in acknowledgment to the princess's needs.

"next is composition. sometimes it's about history, sometimes it's about current politics. in a way, it's like a writing test. for this, I'll have shinso and midoriya help me". 

they both nodded as the princess continued.

"finally, the third match is a game of wits. be it chess or a simple game of hide and go seek, it's probably one of the most challenging ones. for this one, kirishima and kaminari will be helping me".

"w-wait...a-are you sure nana?? to be honest, kirishima and I aren't exactly the brightest", kaminari asked worriedly.

"yeah. wouldn't mina and ochako be better at this?", kirishima chimed in.

"mina and ochako have someone to take care of. plus, I believe in you two. kaminari you might not be the brightest bulb in the shed, but you have the ability to adjust to your surroundings, especially when you're in danger. kirishima, don't belittle yourself. your ways of manliness has brought you a long way", nanako said, smiling at the two.