ch. 15

✿

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. nanako's pov .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

'PERHAPS inviting chisaki to chat with me and eri wasn't that good of an idea after all', I thought as we all awkwardly sat there sipping tea.

I had asked chisaki to also bring some strawberry cake, since eri told me yesterday that she liked sweets. surprisingly, he pulled through.

"alright, I think if I remember correctly, we left off with me telling you stories right?", I asked eri, excited to tell her about bakugo.

eri looked up at me, nervously glancing towards chisaki before nodding slowly.

"eri. when someone talks to you, you're suppose to make eye contact with them. it's basic manners, we learned about this yes?", chisaki said while staring at eri's slightly shaking form.

I sighed. I picked up eri and placed her on my lap. she grew stiff under physical contact. I hugged her while she sat on my lap, refusing to look towards chisaki at all.

"chisaki, you must be gentle towards her. she's a precious little girl", I explained.

"I am. I buy her new toys and food", he simply said.

"that's not all on how you show affection. sure buying them what they want is nice and all. but you need to spend time with her and talk to her. bond with her", I explained, again.

chisaki looked at me, an eyebrow arched. 'does this man not understand?'

"let me show you", I said as I took a spoon, digging into the slice of strawberry cake in front of me. I brought the spoon up to eri's mouth, feeding her.

"is it good? do you like it?", I asked while smiling.

"mhm!", she nodded furiously as she chewed. her eyes lighting up from the sweet treat.

"that's good. I'm glad you like it. you know...chisaki actually brought it for you", I said as I looked at the both of them.

eri stopped chewing for a moment before swallowing the bite of cake. "t-thank you...f-father", eri mumbled as she tried her best to make eye contact with chisaki without cowering away.

"hm", was chisaki's reply.

"you're suppose to say 'you're welcome'. you must have good manners if you want her to learn", I stated.

eri quickly turned her head to me, looking at me with eyes of worry. she definitely was worried about what chisaki would do next. according to our talk yesterday, chisaki was a man that worked towards his goal, never getting sidetracked. he was strict and didn't allow talking back, much less correcting him or standing up to him.